Found a source for '05+ V6 Tacoma block heater

asteffes

Explorer
In case you're shopping for winter-prep parts, Burnsville Toyota in Minnesota can order the block heater for the 4.0L V6. Several dealers reported they could not find the part number, which I found on TTORA from someone who ordered one, nor could they find any record of a Toyota block heater for this engine. Turns out they are available and the engine was, indeed, designed to accept one.

More info here: http://ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52142

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
The TTORA post is for the 1GR 4.0L in the Taco and it's barely touched on, but anyone have any idea if it works on all 1GR engines? That would be dang handy for 4Runner owners, too.

asteffes

Explorer
I'm not up-to-speed on Toyota engine designations, but this part is believed to be for the 4.0L V6 only. So it should fit the 4Runner and FJC with 4.0L V6.

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
asteffes said:
I'm not up-to-speed on Toyota engine designations, but this part is believed to be for the 4.0L V6 only. So it should fit the 4Runner and FJC with 4.0L V6.

Our Tacomas have the 1GR-FE 4.0 V6, iirc the 4Runner and FJ have the same engine.

cos

I'm looking at new Tacomas right now, and I live about 5 minutes from this dealership. I bought a, **Heavy Sigh**, Sienna, from them a while ago. I had to get rid of the '98 Tacoma when kid #2 was on the way. Now that the kids are out of car seats and on to boosters, I'm in the market for another Taco! I'd buy from Burnsville Toyota again in a heartbeat.

We're keeping the Sienna! The thing is a seriously reliable family "grocery getter" rig that I've taken to some places up North where it really doesn't belong. But, for my family's safety, I think we "need" a reliable vehicle, with some off-road capabilities. It's ALL for the safety of my family. Plus, I actually want to give my kids a bit of the fun I remember growing up camping out West.

So, I'm not going to hijack this thread. If you want to offer advice, I'm going to start another, "NorthernTaco", thread.

cos

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles