Forklift 2.6 vs truck 2.6

sledhooligan

Might be able to get a 2.6 out of a Clark forklift for cheap. Anyone now of any differences ,such as comp ratio? Forklift is propane powered not sure if its has an air jet head or not.

dsm tuners have info on stuff like this. I've just dipped my toe in the waters over there.

it's terribly confusing until I learn the vernacular.
if it's propane, grab it, and all the propane bits. Likely the block is like new, and will just need valves.
neat find.
put the propane on ur rig, a turbo and u have a screamer

lordtrunks

camp loser
alot the forklift 2.6's are non balance shaft models 4g54 if it says g54B on the info plate should also be scratched on the top of the block next to the head this will be a balance shaft motor if it says 4g54 or just g54 it has no balance shafts

CharlieNorth

Back in the mid 80s I got a 2.6 Forklift motor, it was non shaft with no jet valves. To me it seemed to an early G52, 2L engine with more displacement. These are the small valve heads, the original FL carb is a single barrel that visually is a 2 barrel from the early cars, it just does not have the second barrel machined through.
I installed that engine in a 2nd gen Colt. I had ported the head as I do on all my motors, made a real nice car. I lost track of the car after it's second owner since I built it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94