Forest Sevice Hotshot Crew Truck.

Brewdiak

kodiak conversionator
i put sound deadener throughout my rig too in the cab - roof, doors, floor, back wall ... then added the insulation and carpet/headliner etc on top - nice and quiet in there now (except for a really annoying squeak that must be found and stopped!)

congrats and enjoy the build!

Trestle

Not sure about topping up to 73, then bleeding it down by driving it. It would take about 45 minutes to an hour of driving to do so. There is info on the tank decal about only going to 70 gal. That and the Father in law was/is a truck driver. He was telling me to make sure and leave headspace in the tank as a matter of normal operation. He has been doing it for 55 years, and me for 1000 miles, so who am I to argue?

Cowpig - Curious how many SF of deadener you started with. I can get it in lots of 36 square feet, and 18 square feet. Of course I could always measure, but thought I would ask you since you knocked yours out already. We are probably 4 to 6 months out before we can even start, so planning/budgeting for now.

zrozbicki

WellB0CFD7F4-74C0-4DAE-BD33-CE6BA16024E2.jpeg I took the plunge a while back and bought a 2002 crew carrier with the DT466.
Not sure anyone is still watching this thread, but it should be an interesting build. Just getting started really, but I was able to ad an additional 73 gallon diesel tank which required moving batteries and air tanks from under drivers side doors.
Mostly however, I’m interested in figuring out how best to switch to super singles from the 11 r22.5s currently on the rig. Would love to hear from anyone with experience or idea.

mancusodr

I would recommend staying away from the super singles for purely a replacement standpoint. It’ll be a lot more $ and a lot more difficult to find replacements if needed ojt on the road

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles