Forest River R-Pod?

Camelfilter

Explorer
Hey there,

I'm staying short term over in Dallas Oregon, and it looks like Forest River has there manufacturing facility here.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Looks like that "R Pod" trailer would convert pretty easily to a higher suspension. Off-road capable? That I don't know, but I did a quick webby, and those trailers do look VERY NICELY APOINTED!

Louisd75

Adventurer
I've seen them new with a little bit of lift and with a mud terrain type tire mounted. The inside layout seemed a bit awkward and I was surprised at how flimsy everything seemed to be. It is also very wide with the wheels mounted outboard the body. A coworker bought one to live out of while building his house and hated it by the time the house was done. He told me that he never would have bought it had he been sober while shopping.

CCH

Adventurer
Recently bought one and took it on it's maiden voyage. For a self-contained, hard side camper it is pretty nifty. Wouldn't want to use it with a large family, but it works for three of us. Just need to be strategic in packing. Leaving for Grand Teton National Park next week to really wring it out. It is about the only camper with the layout we were looking for (permanent bed, dinette and bath) that was Jeep towable. It's not a trail rig even with the lift, but it should make a great base camp for family mountain trips. Nice place to come back to after Jeeping, and small enough to park off a forest service road.

Camelfilter

Explorer
They do look nice

And I'm in Dallas..not sure what would bring you here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...just took a position at Salem Hospital. Dallas is a nice place to check things out in the area for the short term. A bit too far out (for me) to live though. Great actually that I'm staying out here while checking places out...gives a much better feal for areas.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Met a family with the bunk bed model a few weeks back. The outside kitchen in the rear tailgate was their big reason for getting it. They had owned a few other trailers in the past and hated the inside cooking effort. I agree there are some aspects about them that seems to be a very good idea for the camper. Not so much for the semi permanent RV living type. Also the size and weight makes them far more attractive to the city slicker types who won't be owning a full sized towing rig.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online