Ford Tremor

bigskypylot

Explorer
Just curious on what folk's thoughts on this offering from Ford are. I've heard in a video that with the F250 Tremor, you actually get the F350 specs when you get the Tremor package, if that makes any sense. I am looking to get in the Full-size Market in the next year or two and love Super Duty and what they've done with the Tremor. That being said, I would definitely look at Carli for some upgrades.

I'm surprised that Ford didn't go with Fox for their suspension rather than some in-house upgraded off the shelf suspension. I'd also like to see a electronic disconnecting sway bar or something along that line. As for motor options, I'll be sticking with the 7.3 V8, I don't tow enough or often enough to warrant the 6.7 diesel. Also, the 7.3 has some nice upgrades. Ultimately, Id like to put a flatbed on it with a camper. Any and all thoughts are welcome! Thanks in advance!

BretEdge

Adventurer
I bought one w/ the 7.3 in January, put a Norweld on it a couple weeks ago and have a FWC Hawk flatbed on order for install soon. Right now, sticking with stock suspension, wheels and tires but plan to upgrade to Carli, Method and Nitto down the road. Great truck and platform. Fuel mileage sucks but have to expect it with a rig like this.

Attachments

• Ford F250 Tremor with Norweld Deluxe Weekender Tray on Sandy Road Below La Sal Mountains.jpg
    Ford F250 Tremor with Norweld Deluxe Weekender Tray on Sandy Road Below La Sal Mountains.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 150
  • Ford F250 Tremor with Norweld Deluxe Weekender Tray in Moab-2.jpg
    Ford F250 Tremor with Norweld Deluxe Weekender Tray in Moab-2.jpg
    940 KB · Views: 161
  • Ford F250 Tremor with Norweld Deluxe Weekender Tray in Desert Below La Sal Mountains near Moab 2.jpg
    Ford F250 Tremor with Norweld Deluxe Weekender Tray in Desert Below La Sal Mountains near Moab 2.jpg
    874.5 KB · Views: 159

montypower

Adventure Time!
Tremor is an interesting offering. I guess it could make sense if not wanting to modify and desiring the crew cab. To me, the extended cab (which is similar in size to the previous generation crew cab) is best with the shorter wheelbase. You can have a better component built truck for way less money if willing to do the work.

We get 10-11mpg with the camper and trailer on 37s with the 6.2L. And 14-15mpg empty (rarely happens). Much of the mpg is driving style and speed. Keep under 65mph.

The retune on the 2017+6.2L is really good and excellent low rpm torque. We rarely rev past 2k rpm. 7.3L is a beast. But really all these motors are way more than enough. People were towing similar loads in the 90s with half the power!

I don't find the front sway bar to be beneficial. So removal is better than electronic disconnect (another item to fail). Front clutch style limited slip in the tremor isn't great. OX air locker is much better.

Guess it depends on what you plan to do!

@BretEdge cool looking truck setup.

Trixxx

Here’s my Tremor build:

I’m very happy with it. Even on 37’s I’m still getting 17-18 at interstate speeds. Could easily crack in the low to mid 20’s at lower highway speeds.

I have Carli going on later this month (if it shows up...)

Couldn’t be happier with the set up. As with every vehicle, there are some sacrifices.. We came from a built 2017 4Runner and are very happy with the change.. Had a 2013 6.7 F250 before the 4runner, and it didn‘t take more than a year or so to realize we wish we still had the truck.

Attachments

• 9D855EE7-4DA1-4E30-87EE-89F837B95D2B.jpeg
    9D855EE7-4DA1-4E30-87EE-89F837B95D2B.jpeg
    299.7 KB · Views: 54

phsycle

Adventurer
If I were to go 3/4 ton, Tremor would probably be at the top of the list. It makes sense for me, as I like factory oem stuff. All covered under warranty. Those that like to tinker more than I do may be better served with diy.
But the value is there, IMO. Suspension lift, 35’s, LSD all would cost me way more than the $5k package.

MarcusBrody

I bought one w/ the 7.3 in January, put a Norweld on it a couple weeks ago and have a FWC Hawk flatbed on order for install soon. Right now, sticking with stock suspension, wheels and tires but plan to upgrade to Carli, Method and Nitto down the road. Great truck and platform. Fuel mileage sucks but have to expect it with a rig like this.
You know, with that truck, I bet you could have gone as big as the Velocirax 5 bike and not had to worry too much about overloading the rig. ;)

BretEdge

Adventurer
You know, with that truck, I bet you could have gone as big as the Velocirax 5 bike and not had to worry too much about overloading the rig. ;)

You think? ;-) Yeah, I think we'd be good. We actually have the 5 bike because that's all they had when we bought our rack but switched to the 3 since we only ever need to carry 3 bikes. They're such bomber racks.

MarcusBrody

You think? ;-) Yeah, I think we'd be good. We actually have the 5 bike because that's all they had when we bought our rack but switched to the 3 since we only ever need to carry 3 bikes. They're such bomber racks.
I've been looking at them. My son is now up to a 20 inch mountain bike, so it's getting harder to toss in the car when my wife and my bike are on the tray rack. One of my worries was whether my somewhat small wife could load the rack, but the strut mechanism on the Velocirax seems like it would help with that. If we did go that way, I figured I'd get one of the higher capacity racks just in case we wanted to shuttle with our friends (once you can actually ride in a car with a group of people again...). Glad to hear that the rack is holding up well for you!

Porkchopexpress

Just curious on what folk's thoughts on this offering from Ford are. I've heard in a video that with the F250 Tremor, you actually get the F350 specs when you get the Tremor package, if that makes any sense.
My understanding is there is no difference between the Tremor F350 and F250 other than the door sticker and emblem. By F350 specs, I think an F250 Tremor would have the "upgraded" drivetrain and same unique Tremor suspension. It wouldn't make sense to put stiffer springs on the F350 Tremor because it would mess up the off road settings for articulation.

BretEdge

Adventurer
I've been looking at them. My son is now up to a 20 inch mountain bike, so it's getting harder to toss in the car when my wife and my bike are on the tray rack. One of my worries was whether my somewhat small wife could load the rack, but the strut mechanism on the Velocirax seems like it would help with that. If we did go that way, I figured I'd get one of the higher capacity racks just in case we wanted to shuttle with our friends (once you can actually ride in a car with a group of people again...). Glad to hear that the rack is holding up well for you!

My wife is 5'1" and my son is 5' even. Both of them can load and unload their bikes from the Velocirax with ease. Pull the trigger! ;-)

montypower

Adventure Time!
My understanding is there is no difference between the Tremor F350 and F250 other than the door sticker and emblem. By F350 specs, I think an F250 Tremor would have the "upgraded" drivetrain and same unique Tremor suspension. It wouldn't make sense to put stiffer springs on the F350 Tremor because it would mess up the off road settings for articulation.

The springs you get depend on the packages and configuration. They have at least 3-4 front coils and 2-3 rear leaf packs. For instance, diesel F250/F350 is different than gasser. Snow plow package. Camper package on F250. So a bit confusing and no blanket statement covers what is different between the F250/F350.

Biggest "drivetrain" difference between the F250/F350 is different transmission. And possibly coils and leaf springs depending on options. Otherwise, you get the same frame, same axle options, body, interior. Door payload sticker can be higher with F350 with the increase GVWR package (otherwise it's the same). But functionally the F250 and F350 with same components have the same capability.

tacollie

Glamper
Nice thing about the Temor is you can get in and go. Lead times are all over the place for aftermarket stuff. That's why a Tremor is a good a good option imo.

I with @montypower. I would rather save the$5k and put it towards things I want. I would rather have a front locker than the limited slip. I personally don't want Duratracs on a heavy truck. I that think my suspension will be better eventual. Carli springs, ats stabilizer, Icon track bar, and Fox DSC shocks. I have everything except the the front shocks. Those are 4-6 months out.

It comes down to where you want to spend your money. I don't get the warranty argument. The stuff I'm replacing wouldn't be likely to be warrantied.

montypower

Adventure Time!
Biggest downside with the Tremor is being limited to the XLT Crew Cab configuration (160" WB). Shorter wheelbase of the extended cab is much nicer to live with unless needing "standard doors" for regular "people hauling" duty. We saved a bunch of money with the XL truck with a few options. Plus, the old engine saved money.

I'm glad Ford is offering the Tremor and it should be a good seller for the majority of new buyers! People like me don't fit in...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles