Ford Tremor Fighter...2022 Silverado ZR2

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I wish Chevy would stop with the front ends that are 95% grill. Used to be a GM guy.... but damn.... Maybe GMC will come out with a version that's a little better looking.

Personally, I'd probably pick an F150 Tremor or a Rebel over this if looking for a half ton off-roady truck.... And I say this as someone that has owned near 30 GM vehicles in my life.

Amxguy1970

I don't know, it looks pretty damn good to me. N/A V8, 10 speed, Dual Lockers, etc.

Yeah this isn't a "Tremor Fighter", that was already covered by the Trailboss and AT4, this is their Raptor/TRX competitor but in a different, more utilitarian route (more fire roads and back country than baja).

I wish Chevy would stop with the front ends that are 95% grill. Used to be a GM guy.... but damn.... Maybe GMC will come out with a version that's a little better looking.

Personally, I'd probably pick an F150 Tremor or a Rebel over this if looking for a half ton off-roady truck.... And I say this as someone that has owned near 30 GM vehicles in my life.

So what you are saying is you would get the wrong truck just because the right truck doesn't look good? That is what I hear from the suburban dad crowd that doesn't actually leave the pavement/have a use for a truck, they just want what looks the "coolest". Never understood that, especially for a truck, I give two licks what it looks like, is it the best tool for the job at the best price and most reliable. All these people that shop based on what fancy interior it has and how it looks is the demographic that is sadly driving truck design and sales lately and which in turns drives up the cost for those that actually need and use trucks (it is the reason we have massaging seats and base models cost 30k or more, the development cost of those features have to get passed down). I have heard people say they won't buy a vehicle because it doesn't have X feature like LED lights or pushbutton start, like really? That is the key feature that is driving the decision, not the engine output, capabilities, layout, ride/handling, etc? SMH

Tyler

john61ct

Adventurer
The point is, apart from the old Ranger, all the small consumer grade pickups migrated over the past thirty years

to look like / be as high as the 4500+ industrial behemoths.

I blame it on USian toxic masculinity.

hemifoot

Observer
Yeah this isn't a "Tremor Fighter", that was already covered by the Trailboss and AT4, this is their Raptor/TRX competitor but in a different, more utilitarian route (more fire roads and back country than baja).

So what you are saying is you would get the wrong truck just because the right truck doesn't look good? That is what I hear from the suburban dad crowd that doesn't actually leave the pavement/have a use for a truck, they just want what looks the "coolest". Never understood that, especially for a truck, I give two licks what it looks like, is it the best tool for the job at the best price and most reliable. All these people that shop based on what fancy interior it has and how it looks is the demographic that is sadly driving truck design and sales lately and which in turns drives up the cost for those that actually need and use trucks (it is the reason we have massaging seats and base models cost 30k or more, the development cost of those features have to get passed down). I have heard people say they won't buy a vehicle because it doesn't have X feature like LED lights or pushbutton start, like really? That is the key feature that is driving the decision, not the engine output, capabilities, layout, ride/handling, etc? SMH

Tyler
so what you're saying is you would rather have an ugly utilitarian truck.good for you.some of us spend alot of time in our top of the line trucks,and in -40c i like my heated steering and heated seats,not to mention the a/c seats in the summer.to each his own.

Last edited:

phsycle

Adventurer
Ummmmm, I’ve never cared for Silverado’s. Only GM I liked were suburbans.
But this truck…..it works for me. Good to go right out of the box, like the Tremor. I even like the looks.

The only knock is unlike Ford, it’s not available in all trim. I don’t want to spend $60k on a truck. I’d rather get a PW for that kind of money.

I’d get one if the “package” were available in the LT or WT trim. Too bad.

skrypj

Tyler

Problem is, it better not be more than $60k. Because for a little but more I would be in a lower trim Raptor or TRX before this.

SlickRope

Problem is, it better not be more than $60k. Because for a little but more I would be in a lower trim Raptor or TRX before this.

This is the issue, trucks are marked up so damn high it's crazy. I guess the crazier thing is people are taking out 7-8 year loans now to buy a new truck. New F-150s are averaging 60k right now.

I don't really care that it has the 6.2. I really was hoping for a diesel option to set it apart from the other thirsty trucks.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 9101

Tyler

You do realize that many of us use our trucks for "work" and as a family vehicle.

Also...If you drive a truck that has an electric starter, roll up windows, or air filled tires.... You are part of the problem and a hypocrite. ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles