Ford Transit Quigley vs Sprinter 4x4?

68camaro

Any River...Any Place
The main reasons I choose a Ford Transit 2 weeks ago was ( Reasons for the real users of 4wd and not those who are on all the other sites and the pavement ponders who want 4wd for those few days of snow these may think they need it to sit inside and say they could go out if they wanted to):

D1L, its been a couple years since you bought the Transit, can you give a update to how you like it, did it meet expectations, hpw is 4wd, etc...

86scotty

Cynic
There are a lot of guys on the Ford Transit USA forum that have both Quigley and Quadvan Transits. I have yet to hear one person complain about anything.

As for the Transit itself it is an amazing vehicle, especially with the Ecoboost turbo. Mine is 2wd but no problems and I'm loving it. There are a few known problems but overall it's proving itself everyday. I've put 50k on mine in less than 6 months.

Ranchero

Wanderer
I have a Quigley 4x4 Transit. I have owned an E350 4x4 SMB and have spent a few hours behind the wheel of a Sprinter 4x4. Happy to answer any questions you may have.

destructomatt

Adventurer
Found this video last night that goes shows all the components of a QuadVan Transit conversion in great detail. The thing that stuck out for me was the custom fabrication for the rear shock mounts which increases ground clearance by what appears to be a good 3"

jaross

I have a Quadvan transit. I'm running 255/80/17s and at full steering lock I get a small bit of rub on the inside edge of the front tires. Looking I to spacers to solve this. Had to do a bit of cutting in the wheel wells/pinch welds. I am not experienced in off roading, but I have taken it on some 4x4 roads here in CO. I've got 3.73 diff with the factory lsd in back and an Eaton true track in front. So far its gladly gone over everything I've asked of it, but I have not done any tripoding yet. I've got the ecoboost and tow package. With steeper hills, I'll usually engage the tow mode (shifts up later) to get more power.

Vancompass has talked about doing a lift kit for Quigley and Quadvan (I think it would be an inch on top of the 2" lift from the 4x4 conversion). I hope they get that in order soon!

grampswrx

Observer
Because the shock tower mounts are still 6" off the ground and the lift occurs above the shock mounts. Bigger tires are the only thing gaining clearance on the shock mounts. Or the shock mount relocation kit.

Highlander

The Strong, Silent Type
I have a Quadvan transit. I'm running 255/80/17s and at full steering lock I get a small bit of rub on the inside edge of the front tires. Looking I to spacers to solve this. Had to do a bit of cutting in the wheel wells/pinch welds. I am not experienced in off roading, but I have taken it on some 4x4 roads here in CO. I've got 3.73 diff with the factory lsd in back and an Eaton true track in front. So far its gladly gone over everything I've asked of it, but I have not done any tripoding yet. I've got the ecoboost and tow package. With steeper hills, I'll usually engage the tow mode (shifts up later) to get more power.

Vancompass has talked about doing a lift kit for Quigley and Quadvan (I think it would be an inch on top of the 2" lift from the 4x4 conversion). I hope they get that in order soon!

Interesting, I did not know a Transit can be optioned with a tow mode.
Has your van got a low gear?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior