Ford Transit Cab Chassis with Composite Camper

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
I agree. I just wish I had warmer feelings about the AWD system. I may still be convinced, but I'm not quite there yet.

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
I agree. I just wish I had warmer feelings about the AWD system. I may still be convinced, but I'm not quite there yet.
I think the AWD makes a lot of sense for winter roads and the occasional sand/gravel. Our transit is just a RWD but with great AT tires is actually very impressive how far you can get. So far our limiting factor was ground clearance with the rear differential. Since we owned the transit, we have taken it to a lot of places we took the 4x4 crew cab sprinter. Places where I needed 4x4 in Benz, the transit just rolls through. Therefore I believe the RWD transit is pretty capable.

mnjoe

what are your thoughts on having the cab-over open to the cab i.e. cutting the roof of cab out? did you consider this? what may it have entailed as far as structure etc?

nice build. i love the simplicity. simplicity is was too underrated in thr RV industry. as you said "flashy" sells. i know too many people that dont use or havent fixed RV features because of failure or fear of failure.

TheOtherGuy

the media is more interested in publishing fantasy renderings of new start ups with unrealistic ideas. Thank goodness this doesn't effect our sales. Our order books are full and there are several companies working on new releases based based on our campers and the ford transit chassis.
Which companies are doing builds like this for consumer purchase?

TheOtherGuy

Isn’t AEONRv missing from your partner list?

Thanks for posting this. What a cool set up on the AeonRV. It would be awesome if they did custom to bring the price down a little. While the standard offering is super cool, there are many features that are more than luxury. It would be great if they had feature deletes and let you select what you need/like.

The shower in the entry way is genius. In every van set up I've looked at I thought the shower is wasting too much space. This solves that issue.

gregmchugh

Observer
Thanks for posting this. What a cool set up on the AeonRV. It would be awesome if they did custom to bring the price down a little. While the standard offering is super cool, there are many features that are more than luxury. It would be great if they had feature deletes and let you select what you need/like.

The shower in the entry way is genius. In every van set up I've looked at I thought the shower is wasting too much space. This solves that issue.
An entry shower/toilet is not unusual. Look at the EarthCruiser EXP with a larger entry shower, I am pretty sure my wide body will not fit into the toilet space in the AEONRv but the EC could work…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke