Ford Superduty Tremor "off road" 2020 F250/F350.

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
Side note: I wish these dealers would let you take the vehicle for the day. I hate dropping this amount of money on something I drive for 10 mins....

You guys really buy something as ubiquitous as a pickup truck without an overnight test drive? I could see that for a Corvette or something but a pickup truck or a run of the mill SUV? No way.
I can't remember the last vehicle that I bought where I didn't have it overnight first. Gotta crawl around it for a while and make sure it's exactly what I want.

I'd just go down the street to the next dealer.

SoTxAg06

So many haters on here.. while y’all complain I’ll be out getting her muddy and pinstriped...

I wanted to replace my 6.0 CC LB with something new, but nothing really inspired me. Did the carli kit on the 6.0 - kept it as a chase truck/tow rig and didn’t compromise it’s capacity or towing. I know how I need my trucks setup - they have to do a lot. Essentially weekday driver, family rig, home improvement tank, desert race chase truck, Texas woods and ranch runner, tow 5k-7k routinely over landing fire road and rough trail rig including potentially towing a turtleback.

Tremor came stock ready for all that. 7.3 with 4.30 lariat. So far smitten. I will say I am hoping I ruin these tires so I can get some KM3 or Open Country MT.

I need a pro eagle jack mount, 2m radio, rear dust light, tools and other goodies for it. I’ll add the factory winch when it’s out.

View attachment 567385

Nice! Post up some reviews as you get miles on it. I just picked up a new truck last year, but will be curious how the 7.3 does over time. It might make me jump to Ford in a few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Littlehouse

Adventurer
You guys really buy something as ubiquitous as a pickup truck without an overnight test drive? I could see that for a Corvette or something but a pickup truck or a run of the mill SUV? No way.
I can't remember the last vehicle that I bought where I didn't have it overnight first. Gotta crawl around it for a while and make sure it's exactly what I want.

I'd just go down the street to the next dealer.
I would if I could. I haven’t been able to find a dealer that would do it around here. Liability issues

phsycle

Adventurer
Hmm... So it'l fit my F150.... So is the 10 speed in the Super Duty the same 10 speed that's in the F150?

If so, could I mate a 7.3L V8 to a 10 speed auto with an F150 Lariats 4A transfer case?? :unsure:

Engine, ECU, transmission (SD's are different), custom motor mounts (guessing)..... I highly doubt that would be worth it over just buying an F250.

It would be cool if they did offer it as an option in the F150, like in the last gen with the 6.2L.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Engine, ECU, transmission (SD's are different), custom motor mounts (guessing)..... I highly doubt that would be worth it over just buying an F250.

It would be cool if they did offer it as an option in the F150, like in the last gen with the 6.2L.
But, maybe cheaper to replace the engine in my F150 when / if it craters with a 7.3 vs buying a 2020 Super Duty.... Maybe?

phsycle

Adventurer
But, maybe cheaper to replace the engine in my F150 when / if it craters with a 7.3 vs buying a 2020 Super Duty.... Maybe?

I'm sure you could do it cheaper, if you can find a cheap donor/wrecked F250.

I've just seen some engine swaps that cause nothing but headaches. And these were on older trucks, where you don't have to deal with all the electronics and wiring of today's trucks. Not trying to discourage anyone, but something to think about.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper

I've just seen some engine swaps that cause nothing but headaches. And these were on older trucks, where you don't have to deal with all the electronics and wiring of today's trucks. Not trying to discourage anyone, but something to think about.
Oh for sure. Hopefully it's a long way off till I have to think about it.

D

Deleted member 9101

Hmm... So it'l fit my F150.... So is the 10 speed in the Super Duty the same 10 speed that's in the F150?

If so, could I mate a 7.3L V8 to a 10 speed auto with an F150 Lariats 4A transfer case?? :unsure:

The 10 speed behind the 7.3 is based on the version in the F150.

D

Deleted member 9101

If you have a complete "parts truck" the swaps aren't horriable. Hardest part will be the custom tune to get the motor to start and run in the "new" truck. Since everything is integrated these days, you have to be able to trick the ECM into playing nice.

Or you could just swap in a big ass bump stick and a 4BBL EFI system and then only worry about the tranny.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles