Ford Superduty Tremor "off road" 2020 F250/F350.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Don't know anybody with one. Supposed to be same as 6.2.

If you have enough weight, IME, they flex fine. Coil springs are dirt cheap if you want to soften the front more, Deaver the rear. I'm still running plow springs without issue.

Highlander

The Strong, Silent Type
Is Ford going to discontinue the 6.2 gas in F250 series since they have designed a newer engine coupled with 10 speed?
The are still offering it now but how long is it gonna last? To my knowledge the new 7.3 engine is lighter, smaller and get very similar mpg.

any thoughts?

D

Deleted member 9101

Is Ford going to discontinue the 6.2 gas in F250 series since they have designed a newer engine coupled with 10 speed?
The are still offering it now but how long is it gonna last? To my knowledge the new 7.3 engine is lighter, smaller and get very similar mpg.

any thoughts?

I would imagine that the 6.2 will be around for a while, especially for fleet customers. Its a cost saving option when you buy the truck.

What I would love is the 10 speed behind the 6.2.

Explorerinil

Observer
Interesting video. The lack of flex makes it obvious in the video that if you need the Power Wagon, this truck wont be a perfect substitution.
I agree, it’s an off rod package like the gm at4... it’s no power wagon nor does it perform near as good. But if you tow and haul allot and want to get into ruff areas this might be a great option. If you want serious off road truck, then the power wagon is still in a class by itself.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Who repairs a fleet engine though?

Longblock. Entire trans. Entire axles. No matter how mundane the repair is. And then the fleet bean counters complain about failures, when that major component, was fine, just needed a wee little part.

If I need more flex, at the expense of cargo capacity, I'll just toss in a set of Deavers. BDS and Carli have that covered. I'd rather err towards stiff. I haven't lifted a tire much, in years. And with a locker, it didn't matter.

In that video though, no amount of flex, would have mattered. The inside tire was 2 feet off the ground! A PW would have been airborne as well. If you watch it again, it drooped the tire completely out of the wheelwell. Looked like about as good flexwise, as most any truck I've ridden in.

TTBOMK, all 6.2's come with the 6r100g or 6r140. 7.3, 10r is $2000.

Last edited:
Most fleets sub out their repairs unless they are a govt entity. I have a very good friend that owns a very large fleet repair company and it is everything from oil changes, roadside services to body work. It is more cost effective for fleet owners to sub out the work.

Explorerinil

Observer
I just read a press release that the tremor will offer as an option a 12k warn winch for the tremor for 3k, it also says you can buy it and have the dealer install it. I give them credit for this, however it should be standard.

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
I just read a press release that the tremor will offer as an option a 12k warn winch for the tremor for 3k, it also says you can buy it and have the dealer install it. I give them credit for this, however it should be standard.

Why? Lots of guys want the offroad package but have little need for a winch.

How many times have people said that they wish the PW sway bar disconnect and lockers were options on all Rams? Tons. I absolutely would have added the lockers to my 2014 and my 2019 if they had been available a la carte. I have zero need for a winch though. The ability to pick and choose options is half the reason custom ordering an HD truck is so nice. Half ton trucks don't have close to that level of customization available.

Explorerinil

Observer
Why? Lots of guys want the offroad package but have little need for a winch.

How many times have people said that they wish the PW sway bar disconnect and lockers were options on all Rams? Tons. I absolutely would have added the lockers to my 2014 and my 2019 if they had been available a la carte. I have zero need for a winch though. The ability to pick and choose options is half the reason custom ordering an HD truck is so nice. Half ton trucks don't have close to that level of customization available.
I want a winch and add one to almost every vehicle, and I know allot of people that want them as well. with less than 1000 miles on my 19 power wagon I’ve gone in an area that required both lockers, I’ve got it stuck and I’ve used the winch. Ram has falling behind and needs to offer a rear locker option and front limited slip on their HD trucks.

for the tremor, some call it a power wagon Competitor, for that it should come standard with a winch and put the hurt to rams glory of being the only vehicle sold in North America with a factory installed winch as standard equipment.

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
I want a winch and add one to almost every vehicle, and I know allot of people that want them as well. with less than 1000 miles on my 19 power wagon I’ve gone in an area that required both lockers, I’ve got it stuck and I’ve used the winch. Ram has falling behind and needs to offer a rear locker option and front limited slip on their HD trucks.

for the tremor, some call it a power wagon Competitor, for that it should come standard with a winch and put the hurt to rams glory of being the only vehicle sold in North America with a factory installed winch as standard equipment.

So what. It’s an option. Add it. Simple as that.

Ram isn’t falling behind. They are just focusing on different things. Interiors and ride quality. Both of which blow everyone else away.

In today’s automotive world you have to differentiate yourself, not try to keep up. I see both Ram and Ford doing that well. The Tremor is a good truck. Real off-road options with real payload. Much higher than you’d ever think an SRW truck would see. The Ford equivalent to my Ram has like 500# more payload. The 2019 Rams are good trucks too. The interior is amazing and crazy luxurious. It blows any Ford away easily.

These days successful companies find a niche and own it. They are both doing that well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Littlehouse

Adventurer
Test drove an F250 Lariat with the tremor package and diesel today. Damn that is a nice truck. Ride was decent for a 3/4 ton and the power is intoxicating. Tech was good as well. I don’t need the power so the salesman is going to call back when they have a 7.3. For some reason he was saying the 7.3 was going to be $3k more, but I’m calling BS. I tried to get in a Power Wagon at two Ram dealers today to compare, but none were around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles