Ford Superduty Tremor "off road" 2020 F250/F350.

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
From the flurry of "ads/posts" last week on Instagram, Ford invited a ton of "influencers" to a junket to drive the truck. All their posts say the same thing as the ExPo advertorial, Powerwagon killer. Take that for what you will.

I and one other person were the only "influencers" that were invited to the launch event.

I'm curious as to what you do for a living? Is that what gave you early access to the info about this truck?

i do lots of things, in this instance i was invited by Ford to preview the truck in Detroit this past Tuesday as a media guest. i also serve in an advisory position to Ford on the Super Duty, Ranger, and Bronco.

Oilbrnr

the tremor while it has a limited slip front differential, is aided by the super advanced raptor traction control system. there is no reason why this cannot compete head to head with the PW.

It's a reactionary system based on wheel spin that has no knowledge of what is coming nor an idea of what will happen if the driver has to reverse and take a slightly different line. For some that will be satisfactory for their needs and skills off-roading.

For what I do in the areas of the desert southwest, I trust my knowledge based on experience, to manually select where I know I'll need traction that I can see in my line. Most instances that is from getting out of the truck and walking the technical spot in question. Hence my preference to selectable true lockers and manual transfercases. To each their own.

the springs are softer and more flexy, 30mm front lift and 40mm rear, but thanks to wizardry, PFM, and satanic rituals, Ford figured out how to built a coil and leaf pack that can handle weight and still flex out.

If Ford has made a major breakthrough in spring design and metallurgy with their 1 3/16" and 1 5/8" lift, then it can only be a good thing across all platforms. Unless it is patented.

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
Seriously guys. Go to Instagram and search for the hashtag #fordtremor. 95% of the posts use the same stock images with the same Ford marketing department text. There are zero independent reviews of this truck yet.

Adventurous

Explorer
Keep in mind that Ford watches these forums.

I pity the poor souls from FoMoCo who watch these forums. They've probably spent the past few years reading thread after thread of people complaining about the lack of payload in the PW and thought they nailed it with the Tremor package, only to log on and see people complaining about that too. I imagine the collective drumming of heads pounding on their desks is deafening.

I can't see what's not to like about this. It delivers almost everything the PW does (maybe comparable, who knows) with better payload capacity.

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
Some of the "misinformation" was based on the information that was available. If you have something better, please cite a reference.

Can you cite RTI numbers for the Tremor?

you're going to have to use me as a reference, because outside of Ford's official press release there isnt anything published, and as far as i know, im the only person on this forum that was at Ford last week to see it. I dont have RTI numbers, other than what i was told which was that the Tremor will match the PW on a ramp. So, take that for what you will.

here is Ford's press release:

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...eries-super-duty-tremor-off-road-package.html

Oilbrnr

I can't see what's not to like about this. It delivers almost everything the PW does (maybe comparable, who knows) with better payload capacity.

IMHO, where both FCA and Ford are missing the mark on the "Overland" sticker crowd, is not offering these packages across the board in terms of cab and bed length choices.

shade

IMHO, where both FCA and Ford are missing the mark on the "Overland" sticker crowd, is not offering these packages across the board in terms of cab and bed length choices.
Hard to argue, except that it's probably part of their marketing strategy to get you into a Tremor or PW and the resulting bill. We're talking about bolt-on bits for the most part.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
I'll bet that the current SD's are darn close to PW in terms of flex. Ford hasn't really lacked there, since 1998.

It's not a stretch at all that with softer rear springs that it'll match or exceed to PW rti.

I and one other person were the only "influencers" that were invited to the launch event.
i do lots of things, in this instance i was invited by Ford to preview the truck in Detroit this past Tuesday as a media guest. i also serve in an advisory position to Ford on the Super Duty, Ranger, and Bronco.
I am curious if they had the new 7.L gasser at the launch event?

chet6.7

Explorer
Hard to argue, except that it's probably part of their marketing strategy to get you into a Tremor or PW and the resulting bill. We're talking about bolt-on bits for the most part.
Yeah,they want to sell a more expensive package VS letting the consumer pick options.
You want interment wipers? You need to get the package with the lighted vanity mirror for 2K$.

Scoutn79

Adventurer
I watched a comparison between the Tremor and Power Wagon and the Power Wagon still has it beat off road.
Sure the Ford has better clearance but you can put bigger tires on the Dodge. The Dodge has a front locker, winch and disconnect-able sway-bars. All are far more useful off road than the little bit of extra power. For truck of this type the high crawl ratios probably aren't that big of a deal.
I'm a Ford guy, I have two but if I had to pick one for off-road I'd choose the Dodge.
When the P/W first came out I asked a rep at an auto show if the Cummins was going to be available and his reply was the inline 6 is too tall and the oiil pan interfered with the front suspension travel.

Darrell

Last edited:

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader

How does one go about becoming an influencer and getting invited to awesome stuff.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
i also serve in an advisory position to Ford on the Super Duty, Ranger, and Bronco.
If Ford needs someone do to some testing or go off road in Alberta to take some snazzy pictures, let Ford know I'm open to them dropping a new truck off at my house for me to play with.... lol

MSparks909

there is so much misinformation in this thread:

THERE WILL BE AN OPTIONAL WARN WINCH AT LAUNCH

the springs are softer and more flexy, 30mm front lift and 40mm rear, but thanks to wizardry, PFM, and satanic rituals, Ford figured out how to built a coil and leaf pack that can handle weight and still flex out.

the Tremor has a unique front axle that is specific to it and only it, that is a dana 60/70 hybrid. Its slightly narrower for a tighter turning radius

the tremor while it has a limited slip front differential, is aided by the super advanced raptor traction control system. there is no reason why this cannot compete head to head with the PW.

I own a power wagon, that i love and continue to modify and mess with. I've seen the Tremor in person in Detroit this past week - its the real deal. it is a direct competitor to the Power Wagon whether you guys want to admit it or not. Will the PW do better off road? yes, it will. It has a shorter wheelbase and a shorter rear overhang, but thats why it will do better, nothing else.

Will the winch be integrated into the front bumper like on the Power Wagon? Is it optional for both the gas and diesel engines or only the gas engine?

LimaMikeMike

Observer
In a couple of months you’ll be able to get most of the way to a tremor in any cab or bed length once the brodozer crowd starts slapping 6” lifts on it and 22” wheels. There will be lots of OEM parts on Craigslist or Kijiji.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles