Ford Ranger and Bronco Coming back! Crosses fingers

east_tn_81

Adventurer
OK I just don't see Ford or Chevy buying Jeep. It will probably be someone from overseas. Ford and Chevy both have trucks that almost sell a million a year. So Jeep production is not that impressive.

I know you would like to see them buy it but I just don't see it.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Tata could buy them - then they'd have both Jeep and Land Rover.
Could give them a foothold into the US market.
There's a tradition there, too: Indian company Mahindra made Jeeps under license for quite a few years (afaik they still might make them, though I assume the license agreement has long since expired.)
Speaking of Jeep clones, I saw a lot of them in South Korea too. Looked exactly like CJ-5's except that some of them had integral (i.e. non-removable) hard tops and some had 4 doors (this was long before the 4 door JK.) I was there in 91-92 for reference.

justcuz

Explorer
OK I just don't see Ford or Chevy buying Jeep. It will probably be someone from overseas. Ford and Chevy both have trucks that almost sell a million a year. So Jeep production is not that impressive.

I know you would like to see them buy it but I just don't see it.

Actually, before the Chrysler resurgence of the 90's and before the Daimler Chrysler merger, Ford was seriously looking a buying Jeep from Chrysler. The timeline would have fallen into line just before Ford designed and produced the Explorer.

OCD Overland

Explorer
Confirmation and timeframe for both from Detroit Free Press -

http://www.freep.com/story/money/ca...ers-meet-approve-proposed-agreement/75446210/

The agreement includes a commitment by Ford to bring its Ranger midsize pickup back to America and to revive the storied Bronco nameplate, the Free Press has learned. Both would be built at the Michigan Assembly Plant which will stop making the Ford Focus and C-Max families of vehicles there in 2018.

Production of the Bronco is expected to start after the Ranger and no later than 2020, according to a person briefed on the agreement who was not authorized to speak publicly.

RichardOrland

Like with most other cars sold in the US, the new 2017 Ranger might also go through quite a few changes to meet the demands of the US customers and to be able to compete with the new GM products which are currently dominating the market. Some rumors even suggest that the release of the Ranger to the US customers is going to be quite explosive as Ford is preparing a high-performance version to boost the truck's sales. The release date is, unfortunately, unknown at this point, but expect the base model at under $20,000 while a fully-fledged version might get near $40,000.

Ranger-1-750x400.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles