Ford Ranger and Bronco Coming back! Crosses fingers

RoyJ

Adventurer
Which happens to be the same subgroup that buys up all those Wranglers too. :)

Not necessarily. A lot of people buy Jeeps (and Land Rovers) strictly for the image.

Not saying that wasn't the case with Broncos back in the day - it could've been. Just not today because the general public has very limited knowledge on what a "Bronco" is.

Clutch

<---Pass
Spy pics leaked.

ford-bronco-lobo-front-three-quarter.jpg

ford-bronco-lobo-rear.jpg

Root Moose

Expedition Leader
Let's play a new game - guess the year of release without looking it up.

I'm going to speculate 1982-1983.

Clutch

<---Pass
Nah, that pic was taken at the last expediton expo.

Ford couldn't decide whether to bring the Ranger or the Bronco back, so they did both, in one vehicle! Dubbing it "The retro future that never was". Should be on the show room floor Fall of '16.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Let's play a new game - guess the year of release without looking it up.

I'm going to speculate 1982-1983.

I'd go maybe as late as '85 -86. I see a lot of DeLorean and Nissan Pulsar in those angles. I'll bet it has an LED digital dashboard too. :D

justcuz

Explorer
I haven't read a few pages sonic may be already posted. But here is an article about the new tacoma. Couple of interesting things noted about the ranger and possible Dakota or mid-size dodge replacement
http://www.fool.com/investing/gener...pares-to-push-the-2016-tacoma-as-gms-new.aspx

You may see a Jeep pickup, but its very doubtful you will see a Dakota mid size. FCA does not have the money in the pipeline to develop a new truck platform. We will be lucky if Chrysler survives another couple years without selling off Jeep to raise money. Sergio wants to bring back Alfa Romeo so badly he may do something as stupid as selling off Jeep. That's how desperate things are at FCA right now. Jeep and Ram are their big revenue generators and what is keeping them afloat. Personally I'd like to see GM or Ford buy Jeep.

east_tn_81

Adventurer
You may see a Jeep pickup, but its very doubtful you will see a Dakota mid size. FCA does not have the money in the pipeline to develop a new truck platform. We will be lucky if Chrysler survives another couple years without selling off Jeep to raise money. Sergio wants to bring back Alfa Romeo so badly he may do something as stupid as selling off Jeep. That's how desperate things are at FCA right now. Jeep and Ram are their big revenue generators and what is keeping them afloat. Personally I'd like to see GM or Ford buy Jeep.

I don't think either of them would buy Jeep. Besides Ford already did the Jeep thing.

justcuz

Explorer
Why not?
With the Wrangler alone either one could sell a ton of them with no off setting their current products.
They would have a cash cow for next to no investment.
As for as Ford already doing it, allowing Ford to build Jeeps during the Second World War was a government decision to get enough production on line for the war effort. Ford did not own Jeep.

east_tn_81

Adventurer
I know Ford did not own Jeep neither did Dodge for that matter. To buy Jeep it would be to much with not enough reward. Production numbers are OK no great. Why spend the cash to buy a company when either you are just coming off of a bail out or just dumping tons on retooling your factories.

justcuz

Explorer
Jeep sold over a million vehicles worldwide last year. Nothing to sneeze at and definitely worth the investment.
It would be a cheap deal for either manufacturer, all the tooling is in place, the labor force is there and most of them are on the lowest tier of the UAW 2 tier payroll system. It's a damn bargain!
After Marchionne tried a merger talk with GM and basically offended Mary Bara with his foolishness, I'd like her to end up in a position to shove it up his hind end. In case you did not know it FCA is going broke again and Sergio needs a partner desperately to keep the FCA ship from sinking and killing the Fiat family fortunes he is paid to protect. He is in desperation mode now as I see it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier