Ford Maverick TREMOR coming soon ?????? (no joke!)

jbaucom

I like the Maverick, especially the base XL fwd hybrid and the XLT FX4 packages. They seem to offer some real value. I don't like the idea of "Tremor"-izing everything at Ford, as it dilutes the Tremor badge. It would be like Jeep deciding to offer a "Rubicon" package on the Renegade just to cash in on the popularity of that package on the Wrangler and Gladiator. It's profitable, but the badge means a little less when they spread it too thin.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
An XL Maverick is still pretty affordable. It'll be more comfortable, faster, and get better gas mileage than a 2wd drive ranger did 20 years ago. I'm guessing the Maverick will lose out on robustness and dependability with lack of maintenance. My dad's had a couple two wheel drive rangers and I'm pretty sure he never changed the oil on them. Just check it and top it off ?
Those were good trucks. Tbe 4.0 4wd's ate gas but they were reliable.

Explorerinil

Observer
I like the Maverick, especially the base XL fwd hybrid and the XLT FX4 packages. They seem to offer some real value. I don't like the idea of "Tremor"-izing everything at Ford, as it dilutes the Tremor badge. It would be like Jeep deciding to offer a "Rubicon" package on the Renegade just to cash in on the popularity of that package on the Wrangler and Gladiator. It's profitable, but the badge means a little less when they spread it too thin.
Dilute the tremor badge? The tremor started life in the Ranger as a package with a loud factory stereo.

autism family travels

I watched the video on youtube done by driving sports. They took a TRD pro and a maverick FX4 into the back country to compare the two. The trd only has an extra inch of ground clearance to the regular FX4, so, the tremor has the same ground clearance at 9.4" than the TRD pro. The TRD did miles better in fast off road situations obviously the suspension travel is much greater. But I was surprised how well the mav did in regular off road situations, like off camber washout crossings etc. It's really a great capable little rig. No, you are not crossing the rubicon in it, but you can get well out into the back country in most places without an issue.

There is another guy who has a full camper build in the back of his which is killer too! I will try to put up these videos if I find them again.

1000arms

So, it will only tow my 14' cargo trailer if my trike isn't in there! Forget towing my boat!
IF you were not so effluent as to be able to afford that cargo trailer, trike and a boat you would not have these problems when considering the purchase of a Ford Maverick!
:unsure: ... You sure are giving him crap! ... :cool:

Or was that a slip of the dung? ... :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94