Ford Maverick FX4 and Tremor

vintageracer

To Infinity and Beyond!
I have a Eco-Boost AWD, XLT, FX4, 4K Trailer Tow Package Maverick on order.

Most folks on Maverick boards report 25MPG-30MPG running around town and some "say" up to 35MPG on the road at 70MPH for the AWD Eco-Boost FX4. Tremor should not make much difference. If anything slightly lower. The 4K trailer tow package has lower gearing that could reduce MPG's slightly. Reports are 47MPG plus in town on the Hybrid and 32MPG-35MPG on the road for the hybrid. BOTH appear to report higher actual MPG's than the government rating on the window sticker.

Lot's of lifts kits out there now. 2 inch seems to be the common number due to limited driveline angles without huge changes in the stock suspension to go higher. Rest assured someone will make a kit for bigger lifts.

Here is a GREAT VIDEO of a person with FANTASTIC fabrication skill building out his Maverick for travel and off-road camping.

Ford Maverick Overlander Camper Once Over - YouTube

Last edited:

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I have a maverick AWD fx4 with tow package, currently at 65000km lifetime avg fuel consumption is 8.5L/100.

That’s 20mpg? I assumed they’d be a little better- is that loaded down, aftermarket tires?
I think it's more like 27 MPG. I get about 20 with my truck. Or about 12L / 100 kms.

I'd be guessing stock as that's about what my wife's Bronco Sport Outer Banks averages. Most of her driving is in town and short drives.

Jo_Duval

Observer
I have a few things I dislike, but all in all it’s quite amazing and well the price gap between this and a Tacoma is considerable.

I’m not a fan of the proximity of the tailgate and bumper when lowered, you gotta wipe the bumper everytime for rocks or ice to not damage the tailgate.
The wiper cowl is real deep and gets filled with ice. A bit more ground clearance would be nice I’ve hit the skid plates a time or two. The plastic on top of the bed rails is hard to keep clean and susceptible to scratches so nothing gets put on the bed rails.
Then little things some settings keep getting turned off or on, air recirculation keeps getting turned on and ambient lights in cup holder turned off..

It rides like a car, even with 1200lbs of concrete in the bed, it has great mileage, it fits in any parking space’s easily, it’s pretty fast making passing easy.
Heated seat and steering is a nice luxury for a budget truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles