Ford IDI Diesel Fired Coolant Heater Plumbing (Webasto/Espar)

cre1992

After starting my truck today for the first time in a week (lots of travel for work) and sitting in 15 deg. temps, I'm certainly going to have a heater added, hopefully before new year.

Did you ever get around to having one installed? Would like some feed back if you pulled the trigger. I have an 7.3L IDI and I am considering a heater just to help with the cold starts.

Chorky

Observer
Did you ever get around to having one installed? Would like some feed back if you pulled the trigger. I have an 7.3L IDI and I am considering a heater just to help with the cold starts.

No I did not. I am currently on a multi-month work trip so the truck is mostly sitting at the moment anyway. I am inbetween keeping it and parting with it for another option - however, if I do keep it I plan to have one installed this summer before next winter. I'm not driving it a lot this winter, so for now the block heater is working well enough and it has not been as cold of a winter as expected. If I were you, and planning to keep your truck, I would get one hands down. Just a bit hard to do that while not home.

Joe917

Explorer
I would take the 5000' elevation limit on the ThermoTop C with a grain of salt. I don't think you can get anywhere in North America high enough to give you problems. Our Thermotop C only ever gave us problems over 14000'. Then it was a case of having to try multiple starts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier