Ford Fullsize Thread !!!!

TurboChris

Adventurer
hahaha, no kidding...that was in Azusa Canyon...looked like any other mud hole...most being 12-24" deep...being the cautious type...I eased in and whoa! It just kept going...I was surprised to say the least...here's a pic from behind..gives a little more perspective..

Azusa3.jpg

:Wow1:

A little deeper than you expected?

MonroeTaco

Here's mine. 2004 F-150, 5.4 V8, 4.5" Superlift, 35" ProComp Xtreme A/T's. Don't take her too many places yet, just to the Ga. mountains and deer hunting, but plan on using her more often soon.

Attachments

• F150 April 2010 (600 x 450).jpg
    F150 April 2010 (600 x 450).jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 534

bftank

Explorer
black widow you are making me miss my cc f350! really dig the light bar, well done. might have to copy that for my dodge.

BlackWidow

Observer
Thanks. I will take some up close pics of it for you. I used 1 1/2 1/4 wall flat bar and bent it around a 6 inch pipe.

Mike G

FROADER

Adventurer
Are going to put the 35's on the stock wheels..My F150 is the first pic in this thread.

That's the plan. I was thinking 35x12.5 but I want them a little more narrow so I don't have to worry as much about rubbing. I found the Goodyear MTR and Toyo Open Country in the size that will work for me. 285/75/18 (34.8x11.2) which is just taller than my current tire (285/65/18).

Check out this thread. Brian has the 35x12.5 on his stock wheels.
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29020

lonestrom

Adventurer
I use to run Swampers on one of my sammi's,They had a 34/9.50 that was a great size.If I could find a A/T in that size I think that might work well.

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
That's the plan. I was thinking 35x12.5 but I want them a little more narrow so I don't have to worry as much about rubbing. I found the Goodyear MTR and Toyo Open Country in the size that will work for me. 285/75/18 (34.8x11.2) which is just taller than my current tire (285/65/18).

Check out this thread. Brian has the 35x12.5 on his stock wheels.
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29020

Colin, 305s are a great fit too, I wouldn't rule them out.
My 35s fit with "just enough" clearance everywhere. When I move back to the Pacific Northwest (soon I hope), I wouldn't have clearance to run snow chains out back if they were required.

I went with 35s instead of 285s or 305s because I still plan to lift the truck eventually, and wanted to re-gear, etc...

How is your tent working out?

FROADER

Adventurer
Colin, 305s are a great fit too, I wouldn't rule them out.
My 35s fit with "just enough" clearance everywhere. When I move back to the Pacific Northwest (soon I hope), I wouldn't have clearance to run snow chains out back if they were required.

I went with 35s instead of 285s or 305s because I still plan to lift the truck eventually, and wanted to re-gear, etc...

How is your tent working out?

It will be a while before my tires wear down, so I've got some time to decide. :)

The tent got it's first test last night. I just got back from a Truckhaven trip with the Explorer guys. I could stand for the padding to be a little more comfortable, but it was great.

DSC_1089.jpg

jasonL_031

Adventurer
wow you have the two fullsize trucks I really like the most:victory:

Can you compare the Dodge and Ford, good and bad?
I really like the 2004 thru current versions of both Ram and F150

i like the space and fuel economy on the f150 wish the f150 had more power and torque we kind of wish we got the longer box but its just the baby hauler, and dog hauler. when i drive the f150 i feel like its a car very nice ride.

i like the power and torque on the power wagon , as well as the interior. and the size of the power wagon. and the ride on the power wagon is good but kind of went south when i added the air bags. i just wish i could get my alignment bang on been off since i bough it keep getting the same bs excuse on its cause of the wheels and tires.

hope this helps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles