Ford Fullsize Thread !!!!

McCarthy

Is it riding season yet?
1RQlrAz.jpg

love the bike rack. what kind of weight are you carrying? no problems with the swing out while the bike is loaded?

No issues with swing out with the bike loaded but I am running two hitches mounted to each side of the frame rails. Bike is apprx. 230ish lbs. Carrier is 200ish lbs. Probably had another 500 lbs in the bed. The hinge is built out of 2-3/4"x3/8" DOM with bronze bushings and a 1-1/2" dia. Grade 8 bolt. Square tubing is HSS4x4x1/4 because that is what I had on hand. A little more info on it below if you are interested, copying pasting from another forum out of laziness.

Had two questionable items that failed during my trip on the continental divide due to rushing the swingout build and honestly expecting them to most likely fail so I need to rebuild the mounting of the wheel chock instead of using the factory tubing with half of it removed using heavier steel and just re-use the top part that grips the tire and improve the outrigger that holds the tailgate side turnbuckle/foot peg tie down as the. Overall it performed well and can be swung out in 10 seconds. It is on the heavier side around 200 lbs +/- 20 lbs but it was built out of material I had on hand at the time. Probably could get that down to 120-150 if I did it again but it would cause the fabrication to be a bit more complicated. I also would not recommend this setup, especially offroad unless have a healthy tongue weight capacity on your truck.

Attachments

• 20200925_101110.jpg
    20200925_101110.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 89

obxtiger

Thanks. They don't fit cleanly at all. Unless your driving straight, no sharp curves and no backing up. LOL. I went way to aggressive in size and offset. Scrubs bad. I've got to address that soon. I love the look and I've never been called practical.

OBS460

Here's my 98 F150 that's being configured into a more serious overland setup. My build thread is on here. Here are some of the goodies

ARE DCU topper
Aux battery with solar array
2020 raptor dampers (rears on, fronts will be soon)
285-70-17 Wildpeaks
12k winch
Xantrex Pro inverter
Topper lift and interior finishing coming soon.

Attachments

• 20201113_141303.jpg
    20201113_141303.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 90

Betarocker

Adventurer
Managed to make use of FORScan to adjust my tire size so that my actual speed is closer to indicated. I'm still going faster than indicated on the speedometer, but 2% off is better than 13%. Last time I tried, I got a code in the TCM, so I reset back to original. I still got the code this time, but FORScan now has a recalibration feature so the PCM, BCM and TCM are back in sync. Everything seems to work better, with revs and shifts matching better. Ideally would like to regear but that's a ways off.
Started getting ready to swap my PIAAs to Baja Designs. LP6s arrived, but LP9s are backordered. Making up the wiring harness and switching for the options available with the lamps.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Thanks. They don't fit cleanly at all. Unless your driving straight, no sharp curves and no backing up. LOL. I went way to aggressive in size and offset. Scrubs bad. I've got to address that soon. I love the look and I've never been called practical.
Your wheel bearings will welcome less offset.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles