Ford Fullsize Thread !!!!

Trail Talk

Say, is it within scope to post a mod just completed to our XLT? Hours spent driving mountain roads had me cursing the manual shift thumb-button so I finally went for a Raptor paddle shifter steering wheel swap. Works great, very pleased.

Old:
stock wheel copy.jpg

New:
installed A copy.JPG

Argh, but now I'm not too pleased with the mickey mouse light switches:
installed B copy.JPG

Fixed:
after B copy.JPG

Attachments

• stock wheel copy.jpg
    stock wheel copy.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 24

Ninelitetrip

Say, is it within scope to post a mod just completed to our XLT? Hours spent driving mountain roads had me cursing the manual shift thumb-button so I finally went for a Raptor paddle shifter steering wheel swap. Works great, very pleased.

Nice mod. Can you expand a bit? All DIY? Used or new? Any needed programming? Does the original buttons still work?

Trail Talk

Nice mod. Can you expand a bit? All DIY? Used or new? Any needed programming? Does the original buttons still work?

Its a popular mod on the Ford Truck Enthusiasts site, under the 17+ Super Duty forum. I'd recommend you go over there and search Raptor Steering Wheel Swap for in-depth coverage. Briefly, I purchased a new wheel from Ford but a used one would do as well. No programming needed. To mate my wiring with the paddle shift function of the Raptor wheel, I got an aftermarket wiring harness from an internet vendor. I also swapped the switch pods over from my wheel as the layout and functions of the Raptor buttons are slightly different. The Raptor wheel has heat which I could have enabled with another harness from the same vendor. Not counting the months spent thinking about it, the actual swap took about 30 minutes!

hikingff77

Adventurer
So I'm not a huge Ford guy, don't really know anything about them. I love the look of the new 250's and have rented one in the recent past to do some construction work. What's the pros and cons? I'd like to have something in two years that I can drive to AK, mostly dirt roads, etc.

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
So I'm not a huge Ford guy, don't really know anything about them. I love the look of the new 250's and have rented one in the recent past to do some construction work. What's the pros and cons? I'd like to have something in two years that I can drive to AK, mostly dirt roads, etc.
The 7.3L Is one of the best engines you can get. They don't ride great empty. Probably would want some more aggressive tires. That's about all I can think about.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
She's a Ford and a full size gal.

czqkFik.jpg

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Contractor buddy has moved his whole business to the Ford Godzilla 7.3. His first one was the first yr Tremor F250 6.5ft bed custom order took 8 months to get it. Pre COVID. His Prior three personal rigs were Dodge diesel’s 2500’s and 3500. All his crew trucks were Dodge except for an old 90’s E350. 30,000 miles a yr is typical for him. He still has his Tremor loves it!! He has replaced all his Dodge’s with F250 7.3’s. He said the savings in just maintenance and down time has been so big he will never own diesel again. Mileage he said is pretty much the same. He drags big dump trailers and occasional light equipment like mini excavator etc. Oh and the E350 van? He laughs when you ask about it. Was his first company vehicle used as their tool crib. He sold it to his tile guy 6 yrs ago at 200,000 and said he should have kept it. His tile guy drives it daily to their jobs still!! 380,000 miles😳. No idea whats in it gasser something not the V10.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior