Ford F-250 7.3L 4x4 + Custom Flatbed Camper - SOLD

Basil.

For Sale
Well, the time has come, Bruce is for sale. I’ve been traveling out of this truck for the last 2 years and have taken it all around North America. I’m only selling the truck because I’m planning on driving the Pan American Highway in 2020 and want a slightly smaller vehicle for Central and South America. I know I’ll regret selling this truck, its been the perfect vehicle for me these last 2 years and has taken me everywhere I’ve wanted to.
I purchased the truck in October 2017, the previous owner was a home builder and built the camper himself, there's not another one like it anywhere. When I bought it the combo the truck was stock, no modifications other than a set of Airbags, and the camper had the basics installed. During the last 2 years of travel, I’ve been modifying the camper and truck to be the ideal off-grid setup, I wanted a vehicle that could go nearly anywhere and have the comforts of home when you got to camp.

Truck Info
The truck is a 2000 Ford F-250 with the 7.3l diesel engine, the truck was unmodified until I purchased it. All of the modifications I’ve done have been to increase driveability, comfort, and reliability. I wanted a truck I could drive anywhere and know I’d get home safely. The truck has been serviced regularly by myself, synthetic oil changes every 5,000 miles, air filter washed every 5,000 or when needed, fuel filter every 5,000 miles, coolant flushed once a year, and brake fluid flushed once a year, and any problems that have popped up were taken care of immediately. It will be delivered with fresh fluids and an interior and exterior detail. It is a travel truck and does show some signs of wear, there are small scratches and chips in the paint, and the clear coat on the hood is peeling. The windshield is also cracked, but not in the driver or passengers view, I can have this replaced, or the cost to repair discounted from the sale price. I’ve included some examples of the larger damage in the photos below. Currently, the truck runs perfectly, needs nothing and is ready to go on an adventure.
  • 2000 Ford F-250 XLT 4x4
  • 7.3L International Turbo Diesel Engine
  • 186,548+ miles - updated 8/4/19 (these trucks are known to run to 300,000+ miles with proper maintenance)
  • Access Cab Short Bed
  • Cloth front bench seats with 3rd passenger seat, no rips or tears
  • 3.73 gears with factory LSD in the rear
  • Registered in California as an auto, not an RV or commercial vehicle (No weight fees, cheaper insurance, and no commercial vehicle restrictions). Passes SMOG and was just reregistered in June 2019.
  • Ceramic window tint on windshield and driver/passenger side windows, limo tint on rear door windows
  • 11,500 lbs fully loaded
  • 23’ long - 11’ tall - 7’ wide at camper body (Small enough to street park, easily fits in national/state parks, and not too long on the trail)
  • New injectors and injector cups 10,000 miles ago done by Kearny Mesa Ford in San Diego
  • New water pump, coolant overflow reservoir, coolant hoses, and cooling system flushed 10,000 miles ago done by Kerny Mesa Ford in San Diego
  • New thermostat and thermostat housing 10,000 miles ago done by Kerny Mesa Ford in San Diego
  • New U-Joints and driveshaft balanced 6,000 miles ago
  • New crank position sensor 20,000 miles ago + spare included
  • New injector pressure sensor 20,000 miles ago
  • New alternator 30,000 miles ago
  • New up pipes and gaskets 20,000 miles ago
  • New intercooler boots included
  • Diesel Site coolant filtration system
  • 203°F thermostat
  • S&B cold air intake
  • 4” MBRP turbo-back exhaust
  • Gearhead Automotive hydra tuner (6 different driving modes)
  • Edge Insight CTSII Digital Gauges with EGT probe
  • New John Wood Towmaster 4R100 Transmission and larger Mishimoto 6.0 transmission cooler 8,000 miles ago. This transmission has a lifetime warranty through John Wood and the warranty will transfer to the new owner. John builds the best transmissions for Fords in the country, this transmission is insane and feels like it belongs in a sports car, it never gets over 180°F, even on the longest climbs. You’ll never have to worry about transmission failure.
  • Custom rear heavy-duty leaf packs by North County Spring in San Diego
  • Firestone airbags
  • PMF 2” drop brackets and F-550 leaf springs up front
  • Bilstein 5160 shocks with custom heavy valving on all 4 corners
  • Hellwig sway bars front and rear (It might look top-heavy, but corners extremely well)
  • ICON extended track bar
  • WARN 4wd hubs
  • 6x - 35x12.5R18 F rated Yokohama Geolandar X-AT tires with less than 10,000 miles on them
  • 6x - 18” 306 Method Race Wheels
  • Buckstop outback front bumper with custom light mounts
  • WARN 16.5ti-s winch + Master Pull synthetic line
  • Factor 55 flatlink + fairlead
  • Switch-Pros 9100 system
  • Rigid Industries lighting ( 3x Q-series, 4x D-series amber wide, 10x rear dual function lights, 2x rear white floods)
  • Goal Zero boulder 100w panel
  • Full Throttle batteries

Camper Info
The camper was custom built by the previous owner, he didn’t like anything that was out on the market, so he built his own. The camper is solid mounted onto the trucks frame through the stock truck bed mounts, he built a subframe that mounts to them out of 2x4” .240 wall steel and the camper body drops onto that and is bolted down. So yes, the camper is removable but not without a forklift. The camper body was constructed to last, he used 1x2” .120 wall rectangular steel to frame it, galvanized sheet steel exterior, foam insulation, 1x2” wood ribs to support doors, windows, cabinets, and 1/8th inch plywood inside. All seams are double sealed with marine adhesive, and the exterior corners have been reinforced with stainless steel angle. The camper is solid and has handled every road I’ve driven it down without issue. It has no leaks and is ready for its next owner.
  • Camper weighs roughly 3,000 lbs unloaded
  • Interior dimensions are: 6’6” tall, 6’9” wide
  • Interior bed dimensions are: 48” wide, 6’9” long, 2’9” tall (comfortably sleeps two)
  • 360w of solar
  • 20amp solar charge controller
  • 2x Full River 6v batteries in series for 224ah of capacity
  • Dometic CFX 95DZ fridge/freezer
  • Dometic 9500E electric awning
  • 20-gallon water tank in the back seat of the truck
  • Custom surfboard mounts (removable)
  • 2920 custom mattress, sleeps two, 48” x 80”
  • Dual spare tire mounts + Warn drill winch for removal
  • Under camper 10-gallon tank + locking storage box
  • Camp Lux instant water heater
  • Lagun Marine table mount + custom walnut live edge table
  • Walnut cabinet doors and countertop
  • Tiny Wood Stoves 3kw Dwarf wood stove
  • Maxxair deluxe fan with remote control

Asking $50,000. This is a one of a kind expedition camper that’s ready to take you anywhere. The vehicle is currently located in San Diego, California and will be available for pickup August 20th. Vehicle and camper are sold as-is, no warranty. Willing to do a partial trade for a 2005/2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4x4, must be in good shape and have less than 175k miles.
Please feel free to ask me any questions, I will answer them as soon as possible. Email - Basil@BasilLynch.com

More photos coming soon

Last edited:

86scotty

Cynic
Good luck with sale Basil. I've always loved your rig. I hope whoever buys it likes posting pics of it on Instagram as much as you! :D

Basil.

What size fuel tank and what kind of range can be expected?

Currently has the stock 29-gallon tank, range depends on driving conditions, and the truck gets 10-14mpg. I typically estimated a 350mile range, which has gotten me everywhere I've wanted to go to in North America, and this truck has gone some places.

You could easily add an extra fuel cell where the spare tire was under the bed, as there's a massive spot. I've heard of guys mounting the Ford Excursion tank there and gaining 30 gallons of fuel. The box on the passenger side rear corner is a 43L tank that I've never used, with a bit of creativity it could be turned into a fuel tank as well, gaining you another 11.3 gallons. The combo would give you a massive range!

Map of my travels in the F-250, excluding the yellow track to Alaska.
Screen Shot 2019-07-20 at 9.08.04 AM.png

Basil.

Good luck with sale Basil. I've always loved your rig. I hope whoever buys it likes posting pics of it on Instagram as much as you! :D

Thank you! I'm going to miss the truck and wish I could keep it, but it won't work for my current travel plans. I'll be sure to share the next buyers Instagram so everyone can continue following the truck's journey!

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
LOVE this rig! Best of luck! I especially love the all-too-rare tiny wood stove. Looks bomber and ready to loop the world again.

Basil.

Just changed the oil, rotated the tires and washed the air filter. The truck is ready for its new home!

PRICE DROP $70,000

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles