Ford E450 4x4 build revival

Lenross1

Would love to see how you vented it out the cab window.any pics?

Speaking of windows. Any good sources for windows that would fit in existing locations? Would love to be able to open it and allow a breeze in.

xracer144

Adventurer
Would love to see how you vented it out the cab window.any pics?

Speaking of windows. Any good sources for windows that would fit in existing locations? Would love to be able to open it and allow a breeze in.
I got my windows from SunView industries in BC. Originally I wanted to go with Motion windows, but they were a lot more money and the shipping to Canada was nuts.
I don’t have a picture of the driver window setup. It wasn’t fancy, believe me, but it worked ok.

xracer144

Adventurer
I also went with Sunview, they are great to work with and make a really nice product.

Yes for sure. Really good to deal with, and I'm happy with the windows so far. I'll see how they hold up this winter in -30 degrees and the lousy roads up here.

Chorky

Observer
I'm debating the idea of using the cassette toilet but having the cassette pull out to the inside, rather than cutting a hole in the wall and having it remove to the outside. Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with this either way? I hate the thought of cutting a large hole in the outside of the shell for the access door.

Have you made a decision with this? I actually like the idea for a few reasons. 1) you can get the system ready without going outside in bad weather, 2) less openings and points of entry for water intrusion. But, my concern would be smell and feasibility. I personally have 0 experience with these things and do not know how the smell is dealt with, nor how heavy they actually are when full.

Also, as I do see the validity in a cassette toilet, since I have no experience, I don't know how long it will take to fill 5 gal of poo. Probably not long? I usually fill my 35 gal tank in a week and a half or so... Another though (and my current plan) is to stick with a tank system, and have a dual outlet. One would be as normal with typical RV's, and the other would be a mensurator pump (or however that darn word is spelled). When back 'home' I run my pump with 150' of hose and about 15' of elevation to the septic. No issues.... So one could very easily pump to a pit toilet somewhere or even into your house toilet with less trips to empty, and if near a dump station then it would be easy as a normal RV. Just a thought.

Hows the rest of the progress? I have contacted ITB, but have not heard back in a few weeks for some quotes and ideas...

xracer144

Adventurer
My fridge is still on order, and I have been working 6.5 days a week anyway so not much happening on the RV. But I did pick this up last weekend. My wife loves it. We took it out Sunday afternoon for a couple hours. It was a little chilly, but pretty fun anyway. IMG_4844.JPG

xracer144

Adventurer
I have progressed a little more on the interior. I usually work on something till I get to a point where a critical decision needs to be made, then jump on something else for a while before which fork in the road to go down. I’m still stumped as to how to finish the shower right now. I just finished having my buddy do all the electrical connections for me after I ran all the wires and mounted the boxes. He’s been licensed for 30 years and teaches now. I didn’t hear any ranting or swearing while I left him alone so that means I must have done an adequate job. Hahaha.
I needed to get a load of firewood last weekend. Normally I would take the Transit to save on fuel, but since gas is cheap, I took Big Daddy instead. The guy says he’s 45 minutes away so that’s cool. Then he sends me his pin. 80 minutes away... at this point I should have bailed. So I’m driving and driving. Asphalt runs out... onto gravel. Finally after 30 minutes of gravel.... I get cell service again and call the guy. The pin was wrong and I’m 30 minutes past his house. At this point I should have bailed. He gives me physical directions this time and we turn around and head back down the gravel for 30 minutes. He says” btw, it’s a little muddy at the gate”. I get to the gate and it’s 150’ long of solid muck with 12” deep ruts. He says”it’s frozen solid underneath”. At this point I should have bailed.
So I put it i 4 low and proceed to head through the mud. About 20 feet in I realize that it might be frozen underneath but not 12”. Maybe 18”. So I stomp the gas and mud is flying everywhere. We make it back to dry land going about .5 mph through to a clearing. At this point I should have bailed. then down a half mile long trail with branches scraping both sides of the RV to the next clearing.... with a mud hole twice as long... this is the point I actually bailed. I managed to turn everything around, but not before I snagged a stump with the foot of my dump trailer and bending it back 45 degrees. Back down the scratchy trail to the first mud hole, which now has a steep drop in from my spinning front wheels and ruts about 18” deep. I hit the mud at about 15 mph. It was like the old mud bog days in the F350, big block, and 42” swampers. Mud flying everywhere. I get about 75% of the way through and that it. Friggin buried. And it starts pouring to boot. Luckily the rain shut down what the bushmen were doing and they were coming out driving a skidder. They hitched up to my strap and gently pulled me out. I drove the next 20 minutes or so in the rain before we stopped to get fuel. It washed a lot of the mud off, but it still cost me $20 at the truck wash to get the underside clean. Also... I forgot to refasten 1 cabinet after the electrician was done which went flying and flung the contents of the drawers all over the living space
A233A95D-DCD9-411B-AD6C-71B34171A683.jpeg

Attachments

• A233A95D-DCD9-411B-AD6C-71B34171A683.jpeg
    A233A95D-DCD9-411B-AD6C-71B34171A683.jpeg
    262.9 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles