Ford E350 Super Duty Econoline Van 4x4 Ambulance - $49500 (Morgan Hill)

Jdubucsd

Addicted to Espresso
Awesome startup rig. Been for sale for quite some time. Was in the 80-90k range at the start if I remember. One thing is the two audio feed bars for the positive and negative terminals. My electrical guy steered me clear of those. Better to wire it properly with a bus bar designed to handle loads. Reasoning is they are not rates to handle the loads and have questionable construction and alloys plating etc. anyways. I love the rig

zip

I prefer social distancing.
Interesting find. Potential.
Ad header says 4 x 4, but inside the ad it says transfer case needs to be installed. So,,,I guess it is not a 4 X 4 ?

Jdubucsd

Addicted to Espresso
Interesting find. Potential.
Ad header says 4 x 4, but inside the ad it says transfer case needs to be installed. So,,,I guess it is not a 4 X 4 ?
I think so. It doesnt seem like its complete. Maybe they lost interest in finishing out the build

Deshet

Adventurer
He has a build thread in the van section.
It is one of the best ambulance conversions that I have seen.
Everything is top notch that he posted.
I have seen lesser builds go for more.

Can't beat the 7.3 either

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Pulling a whole ton of draw of that smallish main battery. Yikes

That lack of attention to detail and systems right there is a large red flag for potential buyers, or at least should be.

"Looks" cool though

Jdubucsd

Addicted to Espresso

That lack of attention to detail and systems right there is a large red flag for potential buyers, or at least should be.

"Looks" cool though
Totally. Makes you wonder what else. But it def has the cool look going for it.

Deshet

Adventurer

"Looks" cool though
That is likely the largest battery that could fit into the space. You may not be familiar with the setup, but they came from the factory with roughly that many connections to the battery and they weren't terminated as well or as serviceable as his are. I probably know better then anyone as I have had more then 30 7.3 vans and know what the aging terminals look like and how they fall apart.

They also came with a battery on the frame or 2 or 3 in battery tray together the 2 to 3 physical batteries are logically one and the share the load.

I believe he also has a ujoint 4x4 conversion with 6" lift.

I don't personally know this guy but to say that he hasn't paid attention to detail after building a vehicle for 6+ years is unfair.

He took something that was ready to be disgraded and turned it into one of best diy builds that I have seen. Maybe the overall best that I have some from someone that isn't sponsored. If we could all build something this well the big players would not have a market

I have seen worse builds that sold for $65,000+

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles