IMG_0532.jpg

IMG_0542.jpg

IMG_0540.jpg

IMG_0556.jpg

IMG_0537.jpg

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
looks great.
I have a few questions if you don't mind.
Looks like a roof vent, details please?
your heater, what kind and size and interior pic?
the small hatch/ panel on d. side, what is that?
and the last one, could you get a pic of the edge of the front roof between the windshield and canvas?
thanks!

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
Just noticed something...
If you have the side door open and the heater inside on, will the heat burn the door?
Unlikely that you would have both at the same time because it's cold... but.

dsw4x4

Adventurer
Thanks Coguzzi
bbaso yes it has a fantastic vent fan
I do not have a good shot of the area your talking about but this one shows were the canvas attaches to the roof it is about 6 inches behind the windshield it is a different van but maybe it shows what your wanting to see.
IMG_0153.jpg

The owner built the interior so I do not have any pictures or know what appliances he used but the furnace looked like an atwood. Small hatch you asked about is the access door for the propane tank.
Derek

knobbytracks

Observer
From the owner of the van:

"it's a suburban furnace 16k btu and yes if the door is open all the way when the furnace is on, it could get hot by the furnace exhaust, but as he mentioned, if it's cold the door is not open long enough for it to be an issue."

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
thanks,
I'm considering putting in a furnace, But I think I'll have the exhaust on the D side- away from the doors and people area.
Is the 16k BTU enough to keep a steady 65-70 inside on a 0-30deg day?
I was hoping to see how the roof area on the Fords was setup...

Thanks again.

c7train

Observer
thanks,
I'm considering putting in a furnace, But I think I'll have the exhaust on the D side- away from the doors and people area.
Is the 16k BTU enough to keep a steady 65-70 inside on a 0-30deg day?
I was hoping to see how the roof area on the Fords was setup...

Thanks again.

Yes it's enough to keep the van warm in any weather really; however, the 19k btu furnace is the same price, and if didn't get mine for 25 bucks out of a junkyard, I would have purchased the 19k btu, just to have it. I have never been cold though.
C.

ktmsmith

Hey DSW4x4....do you have any other pictures of this van with the top down? I would like to see some other angles to get a feel for how it matches the body especially from the front and rear. More interior photos too if ya got em. Thanks.

doby

dsw4x4, what is the interior height with the top down on the ford? Also any pics of how the canvas sits with the top down?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94