Ford E350 7.3 water pump hints?

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
I also pulled the radiator.
I think I got the fan off first.
I guess it would have been easier to pull rad first.
My impeller was completely worn away.
No wonder it was getting warm
260a184b1dea3d9d4fdb11a956b20afa.jpg
def0e913175774a49dd9ab2ecc62e8ee.jpg
I recognize the beast of an alternator your rig has ;)

Back to the OP: I borrowed a set of OEM water pump wrenches from the local auto parts store. They worked perfectly. I had them back, after removing the clutch and reinstalling a new one, before the ink was dry on the paperwork.

BTW, I didn’t use Ford OEM parts... I instead used aftermarket parts from a reputable supplier that all hard an excellent warranty on them. I didn’t go cheap, but given I drive about 3000 miles a year, I didn’t buy gold plated OEM ones either.

I believe the OEM fan clutch was about $450 by itself, whereas the aftermarket clutch, water pump, thermostat, and rad hoses were $600ish all together.

This old Rz

BTW, I didn’t use Ford OEM parts... I instead used aftermarket parts from a reputable supplier that all hard an excellent warranty on them. I didn’t go cheap, but given I drive about 3000 miles a year, I didn’t buy gold plated OEM ones either.

I believe the OEM fan clutch was about $450 by itself, whereas the aftermarket clutch, water pump, thermostat, and rad hoses were $600ish all together.

Yes the Ford OEM parts are very expensive the good thing about taking your time to do this is you can search for deals I got my parts for almost half the price mainly off eBay Riff Raff diesel had a great deal on the water pump it was 1/2 price.
I scored the clutch fan on eBay about 40% discounted.
Ended up getting a brand new fan for 75.
I bought a set of silicone radiator hoses but decided I didn't need them sold them to a friend and just bought a nice set from Napa. my friend had a brand new radiator that he replaced with a mishimoto so I got a brand new radiator for a hundred and fifty bucks, along with a larger OEM transmission cooler....
I definitely saved well well over $1,000 searching for parts. Good thing for me I got pissed off at it and just walked away from her and bought part slowly.... Not what I wanted to do ? but I have two motorcycles, 3 race motorcycles, a full tilt desert racing Yamaha Banshee, then I've ended up with four cars one of which is an Audi needless to say I'm busy working on ********?☹️ these posts are good in a little bit from just about everybody who posts grade for anybody coming here!

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
Yes the Ford OEM parts are very expensive the good thing about taking your time to do this is you can search for deals I got my parts for almost half the price mainly off eBay Riff Raff diesel had a great deal on the water pump it was 1/2 price.
I scored the clutch fan on eBay about 40% discounted.
Ended up getting a brand new fan for 75.
I bought a set of silicone radiator hoses but decided I didn't need them sold them to a friend and just bought a nice set from Napa. my friend had a brand new radiator that he replaced with a mishimoto so I got a brand new radiator for a hundred and fifty bucks, along with a larger OEM transmission cooler....
I definitely saved well well over $1,000 searching for parts. Good thing for me I got pissed off at it and just walked away from her and bought part slowly.... Not what I wanted to do ? but I have two motorcycles, 3 race motorcycles, a full tilt desert racing Yamaha Banshee, then I've ended up with four cars one of which is an Audi needless to say I'm busy working on ****?☹ these posts are good in a little bit from just about everybody who posts grade for anybody coming here!
I hear you about being busy, I admire the progress some make in a short time... both my Ambo build and my Fj40 build are slow and carefully done. I’m always trying to plan twice as much, and Build once. I don’t have the time, energy, or budget to redo projects. Therefore I plan, search for the right parts for a decent price, and build it right... once.

That’s not saying I’ve never had my priorities change... but not rushing into projects has saved me in the long run,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior