Ford 6.4L Input?

java

Expedition Leader
Good/bad? From ym reading it seems that DPF delete and draining the fuel water separator regularly will keep them happy.

Opinions? :elkgrin:

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
I'd run personally. They make a ton of power easily, but are expensive to fix, and they have a history of needing lots of fixing. I'd rather own a late model 6.0 with its known issues than a 6.4

java

Expedition Leader
Not looking for a ton of power, but dont want to be pulling to cab to work on it constantly. The truck I am looking at has a fresh engine (which can be seen as worrisome or a good thing...)

b9ev

Adventurer
I love my 6.4 and I loved my old one that is now my parents. Both have a dpf and egr delete and the current one now has a 366sxe turbo. They are expensive but work very well.

toastyjosh

Adventurer
That fuel system sometimes fails at stock levels. Have lived through a few stock fuel systems fail on stock trucks. I can tell you it sucks. One of them it that failed ended up taking out the motor as well. One of the trucks had the high pressure pump fail and the ford tech that replaced it messed up and sent **** to the injectors. Ford had to pay for a new pump and 8 injectors.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
That fuel system sometimes fails at stock levels. Have lived through a few stock fuel systems fail on stock trucks. I can tell you it sucks. One of them it that failed ended up taking out the motor as well. One of the trucks had the high pressure pump fail and the ford tech that replaced it messed up and sent **** to the injectors. Ford had to pay for a new pump and 8 injectors.

I'm surprised Ford payed for it. A lot of times the injectors are toast when the hpfp goes south.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94