Ford’s new 6.8L V8

Riversdad

The tremor is easier to steer and handles better. I’m guessing this is due to the electric assist steering gear and stiffer suspension. The hood on the ford is flatter and boxier and not rounded like the rams, you can see allot easier out front. Yes the ford is much bigger and longer, parking you’ll want a space in the back. Also remember this is one big truck with a tall large cab. My former ram with a 3 inch lift and 37’s easily fit in my garage. My tremor bends the top garage door seal, thus barely fitting. On the trails, the power wagon would fit better in tight spaces and maneuver better. However with the tremor I fold in the mirrors, the rear locker works instantly unlike the power wagon locker which was hit and miss. I’ve gotten used to the tremor and find it very easy to traverse ruff terrain. I typically engage the rear locker and if it gets really bad, then 4 wheel drive, apply the brakes slightly and the front limited slip locks up.

one downside to the tremor, I smacked the front bumper hard on a rock on the drive side and ruined the bumper. If you off-road allot, level it out and get that front end up some or get a higher clearance bumper. I have not leveled my tremor because I want it to fit in my garage.

for mods I just have some BD designs lights in place of the factory halogen, some led headlights and now an ARE topper on the way.
My Tremor sits in an outside garage on my rock driveway. I had to dig two trenches a foot deep and the length of the garage to get it to fit without scraping the roof.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Based on what? It gets the heavier springs, the larger axle, lower gears, and the 7.3 F350 has over 4k of payload capacity.
Super duty is Fords Work truck. Tremor is Fords Heavy Life Style truck. But I see you just like picking fights on the interwebs. Do you own a recent $70,000-$90,000 ford truck? I do.

jbaucom

Super duty is Fords Work truck. Tremor is Fords Heavy Life Style truck. But I see you just like picking fights on the interwebs. Do you own a recent $70,000-$90,000 ford truck? I do.
No. This is just wrong. The Tremor is absolutely a Super Duty. Ford doesn't break their lineup down into work trucks and lifestyle trucks; they break the lineup into Maverick, Ranger, F150, & Super Duty. An F250 or F350 doesn't magically become not a Super Duty just because you spec it with the Tremor package.

Just because you own a $70,000-$90,000 Ford Expedition clearly doesn't make you an expert on the Ford truck lineup.

NevadaLover

Forking Icehole
Based on what? It gets the heavier springs, the larger axle, lower gears, and the 7.3 F350 has over 4k of payload capacity.
No. This is just wrong. The Tremor is absolutely a Super Duty. Ford doesn't break their lineup down into work trucks and lifestyle trucks; they break the lineup into Maverick, Ranger, F150, & Super Duty. An F250 or F350 doesn't magically become not a Super Duty just because you spec it with the Tremor package.

Just because you own a $70,000-$90,000 Ford Expedition clearly doesn't make you an expert on the Ford truck lineup.

You guys are feeding a troll, truth matters not to him.

calicamper

Expedition Leader

Ford, Dodge, GM have all been shifting their “branding” packages to Named trims for the “life style” truck trend. Nothing new they did it back in the 70’s too. Ie Camper special, Tradesman etc. Today the Tremor is a life style branding and packaging. My contractor buddy didn’t buy Tremors for his business he bought SuperDuty work trucks. The Tremor is his “boss, personal, family, office truck” most definitely not a Super Duty. Interior materials are too soft and prone to damage and wear from work use like his Super Duty rigs.

My Expedition isnt a super duty its a plush 8 passenger wagon with heavy tow equipment for my passenger and towing needs.

The term SB and LB are general terms applied to the truck and trim mentioned. A LB tacoma vs SB, LB vs SB Tremor isn’t the same as a ST LB Super Duty vs ex LB Super Duty or SB Super Duty.

Your like a 9yr old arguing semantics about nothing. A Tremor doesn’t have a 150 variations like a Super Duty for a reason. Its Fords Heavy Life Style truck.

jbaucom

That tailgate doesn’t say “Life Style.” If you can look at that picture and still argue that it’s not a Super Duty, then I guess you can’t fix stupid, but you can sell it super fancy Expedition. XL, STX, XLT, Lariat, King Ranch, Platinum, Limited, Tremor - all Super Duties. E529AEA6-137A-4667-9430-196CDB897A1B.png

Explorerinil

Observer
That tailgate doesn’t say “Life Style.” If you can look at that picture and still argue that it’s not a Super Duty, then I guess you can’t fix stupid, but you can sell it super fancy Expedition. XL, STX, XLT, Lariat, King Ranch, Platinum, Limited, Tremor - all Super Duties. View attachment 757970
That looks exactly like my truck! Velocity blue, sad ford doesn’t use that color anymore.

TexasSixSeven

Observer
Ford, Dodge, GM have all been shifting their “branding” packages to Named trims for the “life style” truck trend. Nothing new they did it back in the 70’s too. Ie Camper special, Tradesman etc. Today the Tremor is a life style branding and packaging. My contractor buddy didn’t buy Tremors for his business he bought SuperDuty work trucks. The Tremor is his “boss, personal, family, office truck” most definitely not a Super Duty. Interior materials are too soft and prone to damage and wear from work use like his Super Duty rigs.

My Expedition isnt a super duty its a plush 8 passenger wagon with heavy tow equipment for my passenger and towing needs.

The term SB and LB are general terms applied to the truck and trim mentioned. A LB tacoma vs SB, LB vs SB Tremor isn’t the same as a ST LB Super Duty vs ex LB Super Duty or SB Super Duty.

Your like a 9yr old arguing semantics about nothing. A Tremor doesn’t have a 150 variations like a Super Duty for a reason. Its Fords Heavy Life Style truck.

put the pipe down Hunter

Bama67

The last couple years reading about how the 7.3 was gonna solve the problems of the 6.2 as far as reliability and complexity seems weird as the 6.2 is probably one of the most reliable engines ever made.
That said, I would still like a 7.3

phsycle

Adventurer
The last couple years reading about how the 7.3 was gonna solve the problems of the 6.2 as far as reliability and complexity seems weird as the 6.2 is probably one of the most reliable engines ever made.
That said, I would still like a 7.3

6.2 has been out for so long, it’ll take a while for 7.3 to prove itself. Maybe another couple of years, people will trust it more depending on how reliability holds up. Seems like it’s going in the right direction so far.

I’m shopping right now and even if the 6.2 were available, I’d have no qualms about going with the 7.3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles