For the Canadian members - 1992 Toyota Land Cruiser HZJ77

39Ronin

Adventurer
That is a better price than the one I saw in the Vancouver CL a month ago, somebody wanted a luaghable $32,000 for one. I personally tink $22,500 is still high considering you can get a lefthand drive diseel G Wagen for that.

39Ronin

Adventurer
There have been a few come and go recently, these are still on the market:

http://pointedthree.com/disc/forums/showthread.php?tid=15188&posts=1&start=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4X4-Mercedes-SUV-Diesel-or-Bio-Diesel-Vehicle_W0QQitemZ270460213599QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item3ef8af595f&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mercedes-300GDT-SWB-Restored-in-Amazing-Condition_W0QQitemZ270461929324QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item3ef8c9876c&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245#ht_20459wt_1115

And this was from clubwagen:
FOR SALE: 1984 W460 300GD Conversion

This one is 50 state legal that means it is legal in CALIFORNIA. For some reason due to the conversion, it is a 1985 Mercedes-Benz Utility vehicle with diesel as fuel type according to CA DMV.

I bought this from a fellow ClubGwagen and Benzworld member over 5 years ago. Last year, I decided to get the engine rebuild at Topline Automobile in Burlingame, CA. It\'s a hot rod 6 cylinder turbo conversion that has been my daily driver since I got it; so, it is trouble free.

It does need some finishing touches like the proper shift gate and shifter that I did receive from Mike Serpe himself! Needs a diesel tach. The vehicle is 25 years old, and the paint has scratches here and there. This is a truck no matter how you want to look at it.

Link to More Photos

I have been running B99 biodiesel since I got it. However since the rebuild that included the engine and pump, the folks at Topline wouldn\'t honor their 6 month warranty unless I used petro diesel. So, there\'s mostly Chevron dino fuel in her now. I was waiting for the warrany period to be over before I moved back to B99 and into vegatable oil with a heater kit.

My wife and I are thinking of moving out state eventually. It took some effort to bring theis behemoth back to California, and I would rather it stay in this state. It can get 21-22 mpg if you drive it like a diesel truck, but since it\'s a 6 cylinder turbo, you can keep up with traffic if you wanted to at 18-19 mpg.

$19,000 or B/O. Call or e-mail seriour inquires only.

650-458-9728

fourcorners@rcn.com

Joel Carpio; 650-458-9728
San Mateo, CA
Posted: 2009-06-18

CanuckMariner/Nomad

Love having fun 😊 in the 🌞 by the ⛵ and the ⏳
Jan, paging Jan.

Give this guy a call and see if he can look at a his rear springs for you ;)

Already called my friend Jesse (owner of Outback Imports) quite awhile ago, and no luck so far (stock). Also the other one is local and I know the guy and he has a custom suspension for the rear, Thxs, Kurt.

Last edited:

The Adam Blaster

Expedition Leader
I was looking at getting a JDM RHD diesel Cruiser last year, and the prices are all over the map.
I saw as low as $12,000 up to the mid-high $20's.
From everything I read, this Outback Imports place seemed to be top-notch and really go through the vehicles they import, from top to bottom. I think they replace belts and fluids etc. if they are in any sort of poor condition.

The price through them does seem to be on the high side, but you end up with a vehicle that has been very well sorted out before you take delivery.

EDIT: Just looked at the actual ad and noticed it's not being sold directly from Outback! I would be curious how many km's the current owner has put on since picking it up from Outback...

Last edited:

CanuckMariner/Nomad

Love having fun 😊 in the 🌞 by the ⛵ and the ⏳
I was looking at getting a JDM RHD diesel Cruiser last year, and the prices are all over the map.
I saw as low as $12,000 up to the mid-high $20's.

From everything I read, this Outback Imports place seemed to be top-notch and really go through the vehicles they import, from top to bottom. I think they replace belts and fluids etc. if they are in any sort of poor condition.

The price through them does seem to be on the high side, but you end up with a vehicle that has been very well sorted out before you take delivery.

EDIT: Just looked at the actual ad and noticed it's not being sold directly from Outback! I would be curious how many km's the current owner has put on since picking it up from Outback...

Outback Imports is high priced but maybe worth it as you have found out, they do a very thorough check on everything. Most JDMs there, have two prices, one with and one without the thorough go through. They know their stuff! Probably one of the best importers in Kanukistan.

The guy selling it has looked after his pretty well and added a lot of stuff through OI like ARB front bumper (no winch) and LF lights. Also, a custom rear suspension with OME fronts and partial rears.

It is priced pretty fairly considering how rear it is. I have seen this one in person and it is in relatively good shape. The 73s, 75s, 77 are all quite rare outside of their intended markets , hence the price. Finally, where can you get a 4 door 70 series for that price on this continent?

zimm

Expedition Leader
Thanks - this is a hijack, but seen any early 90's models recently?

supermod setting the standard in hijack behavior. you didnt start it, but its good to see you refuse to let it drop, and take it PM. nice.

oh. bump for a cool rig thats not even at its halflife yet. some of the best rigs seem to have the steering wheel on the wrong side. :smiley_drive:

mountainpete

Spamicus Eliminatus
supermod setting the standard in hijack behavior. you didnt start it, but its good to see you refuse to let it drop, and take it PM. nice.

1. This thread was not started by the seller, so it's fair to have a little leeway which included my comment plus others. None distracted from the sale or value of the truck.
  2. Last time I checked, moderators (including me!) were human. Thanks for being a complete turd and jumping on every possible or perceived mistake that we make. Volunteers appreciate policing like that. :rolleyes:
  3. If you wish to continue this discussion, my PM box is open.

Pete

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94