For Sale: Roof Top Tent Hannibal 1.6 with lower annex room tent

articulate

Expedition Leader
For Sale, $600:
Hannibal Roof Top Tent RTT 1.6m size with Jumbo lower room annex

Description:
The Hannibal RTT is a flip-open style tent made with a marine-grade plywood platform "base" and ripstop canvas tent with ripstop nylon rain fly.

1.6m size, approx:
  • Opened 5' x 8', about the size of a queen bed
  • Closed 5' x 4'
Included is a "Jumbo" or what you'd just call a lower room annex that attaches to the base of the tent that hangs off your truck, enclosing the ladder, and providing a spacious standing height private enclosure with a floor. The "front" wall of the annex unzips and can be propped up as an awning.

The lower room footprint is approx 5' x 7'.

I've kept it in tip-top shape for 8 years. Meaning I've re-waterproofed the exterior twice, patched or sealed seams when they started to show wear, vacuumed it clean between trips, and kept the nuts-n-bolts on the aluminum framework snugged down.

And I've always stored it inside between trips, rather than leaving it on my truck all year long.

Defects/Issues, and other things to know:
  • See video below
  • Tent cover is 8 years old. Couple of thumb sized holes, it's drying out, the zipper that closes the cover works but can be disagreeable to operate.
  • Rain fly has a patch in the corner where the factory tent poles wore through. Patch needs to be replaced from time to time because it wears out.
  • Factory rain fly poles are replaced. I crafted up a solution with classic PVC pipe from the hardware store, and a linchpin arrangement to attach to the tent. (FWIW, the factory poles broke and were too costly to replace from South Africa IMO ....). I found that using materials I could get at any hardware store in the U.S. was waaaay better than getting the less-than-noteworthy poles from Hannibal
  • One of the interior mesh screen tent doors has a ~2" tear. The mesh screen is inside the tent, so the hole doesn't affect much
  • Rain fly is due for another shot of tent waterproofing
  • Hannibal is still in business, but I don't think they have U.S. distribution any more (in case you need parts.... gonna have to figure it out)
  • I installed 3 LED strips to the interior tent frame; you'll just need to connect to 12v power
  • I added additional aluminum channel on the tent base for simpler mounting to my truck on Yakima round bars. I didn't like the factory mounting channels, but they still remain on the tent. Use what ever is better for you.
Tip: if I were to replace the tent cover, I'd just buy an Eezi-Awn cover for the same size tent (the 1600). Wrong brand, but a fine cover you buy in the U.S.

So there you go, good people. I think the tent is in great condition. You could use it tomorrow as-is.

Why sell it? I got a bigger truck (#fistbump) and a it's just too dang tall for a short guy like me to deal with a roof tent.

Hit me up. I can ship it at buyer's expense. I get a decent rate through shipping dept at work, but expect a few hundred bucks. A quick rate test from Phoenix to St. Louis is just under $300 to a commercial delivery address without lift gate service on the truck. Just an example to keep expectations in check.

Call or text will be faster than PM.

Mark Stephens, 480-365-9106

hannibal-tent-1.jpg

hannibal-tent-2.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior