For Sale: PRICE REDUCED -- 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-road with unique carbon fiber popup camper

perfeXn

For Sale: PRICE REDUCED -- 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-road with unique carbon fiber popup camper
Asking $59,950

5.jpg

• High-quality, light-weight expedition-strength 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-road carbon fiber pop-up camper -- one of a kind
  • Excellent condition
  • Approx. 14,000 mi -- almost all of which long distance from Colorado to Alaska/Arctic Circle and south along the west coast to the Mexican border
  • Custom build-out with highest quality expedition-grade components; tested and refined under extreme conditions; sleeps two
  • Carbon fiber shell is 1 of 6 ever made by Leentu (and there will be no more due to manufacturing complexity and cost)! According to Leentu, it weighs less than 150 lbs (excl. accessories) which preserves much of the truck's payload without exceeding its legal GVWR limit. It has virtually no adverse impact on driving characteristics of the Tacoma. With its adjustable wind deflector and aerodynamic, race-derived design, it creates almost no wind noise. Upper part of shell is carbon fiber as well with special coating for UV protection.
  • 3 flat-mounted integrated marine-quality solar panels (260W total)
  • LED lighting (interior + rear flood light)
  • Detachable water faucet + portable sink with foot pump from water canister (3)
  • Major components include Goal Zero Yeti 1400 Lithium portable power station (charged by the solar panels and/or Tacoma onboard 110V power supply); Dometic CFX 50W AC/DC cooler/freezer (connected to GoalZero); portable induction cooktop; Dometic 2.5 Gal Portable Toilet; Maxtrax recovery boards (2) + military-grade shovel; electric space heater; shackle hitch receiver + trailer hitch lock + hitch bumper step; and more
  • After-market rear-view/backup camera
  • TACOMA SPECIFICATIONS:
    - 2019 TRD Off-road, Access Cab with 6 ft bed
    - Super White exterior | Graphite/gun metal interior color
    - TRD PREMIUM OFF ROAD PACKAGE with Dual Zone Automatic Climate Control, Heated Front Seats and Auto Headlights
    - Floor mats (all weather)
    - Mud flaps (4)
    - Extended warranty and service/maintenance packages: Vehicle Services Plan (comprehensive coverage thru 2026 or up to 125,000 miles incl. rental car and roadside assistance) + Maintenance Plan (up 8 complimentary maintenance services thru 2024). Combined, these plans are a $3,000 value. They are transferable to the new owner.
  • Complete maintenance and recall records
  • Truck is secondary vehicle and garaged in Tucson, AZ
  • NOTES:
    - I bought this truck camper specifically for an Alaska trip with the intention to keep it forever (hence the 125K mi maintenance plan) and to spend much of my time boon-docking across the western U.S. and even abroad. Things changed: I now am employed as a professional tour guide/driver in Alaska for the foreseeable future. This leaves my truck alone in the garage where I also keep my main vehicle. While I am sorry to see it go, I am happy to turn it over to someone who will make full use of its capabilities far more often than I will be able to.
    - The camper shell is not insulated and therefore not suited for cold climates. That said, I have spent many nights in freezing temperatures. I reconfigured the shell such that there was no need to pop it up and removed the water canisters/water lines/faucet (Velcro-attached), and used the small electric space heater before retreating into my sleeping bag and before getting up in the morning. That made it cozy and there is enough space -- even to cook and eat -- for one (1) person in that configuration.

ASKING $59,950 I prefer to sell the complete camper but am willing to consider reasonable offers to for individual components (minimum for carbon fiber shell with integrated solar panels, LED lighting, communications fin, backup camera is $24,900) .

10.jpg 15.jpg 25.jpg 30.jpg 33.jpg 35.jpg 40.jpg 45.jpg 55.jpg

Last edited:

perfeXn

HINT: There’s a Where’s Waldo bit in the above ad that tells you this, if you can find it? ((it’s not difficult))

BTW, OP.....I know these cool shells aren’t made anymore, but do you perchance have a link you could post showing the set up and take down of this shell?

Also....you mention it being garaged right now...what was the height of the garage door entry that you drove it in thru, pls...or just what’s the total, max height of this rig? Thx

The carbon shell was made by Leentu Corporation. They had to close their operations and recently took down their website. However, there are still plenty of pictures and write-ups on the web. Just Google "Leentu". It's their carbon shell.

My garage door is standard (around 8').

shade

My garage door is standard (around 8').
The standard residential height in my area is 7'. I'm pretty sure your truck is under that, but you may want to post its exact height. For some, it still may be a tight squeeze in parking garages, etc.

BTW, OP.....I know these cool shells aren’t made anymore, but do you perchance have a link you could post showing the set up and take down of this shell?

Good idea. Leentu abandoned their YouTube channel. I recall several videos with mock-ups displayed, but I've never seen their final design in operation.

Good luck with your sale.

Last edited:

perfeXn

For Sale: 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-road with unique carbon fiber popup camper
Asking $62,500

View attachment 575754
  • High-quality, light-weight expedition-strength 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-road carbon fiber pop-up camper -- one of a kind
  • Excellent condition
  • Approx. 13,000 mi -- almost all of which long distance from Colorado to Alaska/Arctic Circle and south along the west coast to the Mexican border
  • Custom build-out with highest quality expedition-grade components; tested and refined under extreme conditions; sleeps two
  • Carbon fiber shell is 1 of 6 ever made by Leentu (and there will be no more due to manufacturing complexity and cost)! According to Leentu, it weighs less than 150 lbs (excl. accessories) which preserves much of the truck's payload without exceeding its legal GVWR limit. It has virtually no adverse impact on driving characteristics of the Tacoma. With its adjustable wind deflector and aerodynamic, race-derived design, it creates almost no wind noise. Upper part of shell is carbon fiber as well with special coating for UV protection.
  • 3 flat-mounted integrated marine-quality solar panels (260W total)
  • LED lighting (interior + rear flood light)
  • Detachable water faucet + portable sink with foot pump from water canister (3)
  • Major components include Goal Zero Yeti 1400 Lithium portable power station (charged by the solar panels and/or Tacoma onboard 110V power supply); Dometic CFX 50W AC/DC cooler/freezer (connected to GoalZero); portable induction cooktop; Dometic 2.5 Gal Portable Toilet; Maxtrax recovery boards (2) + military-grade shovel; electric space heater; shackle hitch receiver + trailer hitch lock + hitch bumper step; and more
  • After-market rear-view/backup camera
  • TACOMA SPECIFICATIONS:
    - 2019 TRD Off-road, Access Cab with 6 ft bed
    - Super White exterior | Graphite/gun metal interior color
    - TRD PREMIUM OFF ROAD PACKAGE with Dual Zone Automatic Climate Control, Heated Front Seats and Auto Headlights
    - Floor mats (all weather)
    - Mud flaps (4)
    - Extended warranty and service/maintenance packages: Vehicle Services Plan (comprehensive coverage thru 2026 or up to 125,000 miles incl. rental car and roadside assistance) + Maintenance Plan (up 8 complimentary maintenance services thru 2024). Combined, these plans are a $3,000 value. They are transferable to the new owner.
  • Complete maintenance and recall records
  • Truck is secondary vehicle and garaged in Tucson, AZ
  • NOTES:
    - I bought this truck camper specifically for an Alaska trip with the intention to keep it forever (hence the 125K mi maintenance plan) and to spend much of my time boon-docking across the western U.S. and even abroad. Things changed: I now am employed as a professional tour guide/driver in Alaska for the foreseeable future. This leaves my truck alone in the garage where I also keep my main vehicle. While I am sorry to see it go, I am happy to turn it over to someone who will make full use of its capabilities far more often than I will be able to.
    - The camper shell is not insulated and therefore not suited for cold climates. That said, I have spent many nights in freezing temperatures. I reconfigured the shell such that there was no need to pop it up and removed the water canisters/water lines/faucet (Velcro-attached), and used the small electric space heater before retreating into my sleeping bag and before getting up in the morning. That made it cozy and there is enough space -- even to cook and eat -- for one (1) person in that configuration.

ASKING $62,500 I prefer to sell the complete camper but am willing to consider reasonable offers to for individual components (minimum for carbon fiber shell with integrated solar panels, LED lighting, communications fin, backup camera is $24,900) .

View attachment 575755 View attachment 575757 View attachment 575759 View attachment 575760 View attachment 575761 View attachment 575762 View attachment 575763 View attachment 575764 View attachment 575765
In case anyone is wondering about Leentu, the carbon shell manufacturer, no longer being in business: I have relevant spare parts and as far as I can tell, all of the kinks worked out. It is solid and proven! Outside of the carbon shell it's just basic mechanical parts.

perfeXn

I have since driven a few more miles (total about 15,000) and thus am reducing the price to $54,950 OBO.

str8nm

Observer
super cool. If I can sell my land cruiser ill be hitting you up! One question. How many bicycles could one fit inside comfortably with it folded down?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles