FOR SALE: Overland Ready 2005 Tacoma TRD Off-Road

1MK

ExploreDesert
Entertaining the idea of selling the Tacoma and going a different direction. Camping and exploring will always be in my blood but thinking a bigger platform will work better for my family. I'm not forced to sell either, so if it doesn't no big deal. Just means I can enjoy our adventures uninterrupted.

Truck will be sold complete and 100% turn key, tried and true, ready for your next adventure - RTT, Fridge, Suspension, Lighting, Compressor, Navigation/Communication, Drawer System, Compressor, Camping Equipment, Etc. The tablet/navigation app will include all of my maps, trips, waypoints, etc for nearly all of Southern California, Death Valley, Mohave desert, High Desert, Eastern Sierras, Arizona, Etc.

I worked as the manager at a Toyota & Lexus specialty shop and have done so for the last 16 plus years and this reflects how well the truck has been maintained. Truck just had a major service done 5k miles ago which was all differential fluids, transmission fluid, coolant, brake/power steering, spark plugs. 2003 thru 2006 4.0's also can be known for head-gasket issues and Toyota has since released a superseded gasket that correct's the problem, this has been completed on the truck as well about 30k ago. This truck is bullet-proof and will be good for a LONG time - (not uncommon for these Tacomas/4Runners to go 400k plus).

Located in Menifee, Ca
Approx 169,900~
Asking $25,000.

– Driveline –
  • 1GR-FE 4.0L V65 Speed Automatic
  • E-Locker Differential
  • Custom 2-piece driveshaft with double cardon joint
  • East Coast Gear Supply Clamshell CV Bushing
  • All Lucas full syn gear oil in diffs/transfer. Toyota World Standard ATF in trans.

– Trail Armor –

– Suspension –
– Wheels/Tires/Brakes –

– Lighting –

– Overland Gear –

– Misc/Navigation –

(This picture was prior to the spring under conversion)

Last edited:

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Absolutely Great Looking Vehicle,

Really nice job with the pictures,

All in All, One of best ads ever posted...
...especially with all the helpful, informative links to the modification sources!

(I really covet that rear bumper, anyone know where I can get a similar set up installed on an F-350?)

This sweet ride is a seriously well designed and well rigged out expo truck.

GLWTS

bludozer

This is a really nice truck, love the set up. I have to be honest though, I try my absolute best to not comment on price but this seems to be so far from reality I am shocked no one else has said anything yet. I realize this truck has a lot of add-ons, but nearly $40k for a 13 year old truck with 140k on it? That is drastically more than the original MSRP! I wish you the best of luck with your sale but if you get even within $10k of your asking price I will be blown away.

workerdrone

Part time fulltimer
161k, and market will determine what it's worth :) He says he doesn't need the money...

Nice truck, nice photos - like the overhead lighting shot !

1MK

ExploreDesert
Absolutely Great Looking Vehicle,

Really nice job with the pictures,

All in All, One of best ads ever posted...
...especially with all the helpful, informative links to the modification sources!

(I really covet that rear bumper, anyone know where I can get a similar set up installed on an F-350?)

This sweet ride is a seriously well designed and well rigged out expo truck.

GLWTS

Thanks!

This is a really nice truck, love the set up. I have to be honest though, I try my absolute best to not comment on price but this seems to be so far from reality I am shocked no one else has said anything yet. I realize this truck has a lot of add-ons, but nearly $40k for a 13 year old truck with 140k on it? That is drastically more than the original MSRP! I wish you the best of luck with your sale but if you get even within $10k of your asking price I will be blown away.

Thanks for your input...

161k, and market will determine what it's worth :) He says he doesn't need the money...

Nice truck, nice photos - like the overhead lighting shot !

Thanks!

Absolutely agree that the market/demand as well as what it's personally worth to someone far outweighs baseline numbers.

If it sells it sells. If it doesn't it doesn't.

Sure would be a sweet ride for someone though... :smiley_drive:

Tacomatron

Selfishly, I hope this is available in 30 days when I find out if I am going to be stationed in Chile. Would love to take this into the Andes for two years.

Reactions: 1MK

1MK

ExploreDesert
Ain't no street/mall/overlandexpo queen. This truck has been used, but not abused. Turn key, capable, reliable, comfortable and 100% PROVEN.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles