For Sale: Iron Goat Defender Dash Kit - Brand new

nickt

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0009
Hi,
I have 2 Iron Goat Defender Dash kits for sale. This kit transforms the center part of the dash - it has room for a DIN-sized head-unit, 6 Carling rocker switches (like the ARB switches), a couple of 52mm gauges (I think that's 2 1/16), and a couple of recesses for you to cut out square holes (for your round pegs?).

4666752016_e592479b49.jpg

4666752324_34d51c3c82.jpg

More photos here.

This is what the manufacturer has to say:

The Defender Dash Centre Console is the latest innovation from Iron Goat in restoring and upgrading your Land Rover.

Imagine the convenience of a six-switch control panel, stereo and gauges at your finger tips. The Defender Dash brings various functions of your choosing to one location. Customize your Defender Dash with controls for heated seats, heated windscreen, additional lights, etc...

For off-roading or urban use, your driving experience will be transformed by a Defender Dash.

Kit includes:
- Cosmetic plastic cover plate.
- 1.5mm Aluminum housing/substructure.
- Six-switch bank with switches ,VC.101 and quarter inch quick connectors included.
- Simple instructions for installation, connections and wiring.
- All screws required for fastening.

Features:
Appears like a Land Rover component so only you and Land Rover will know it did'nt come with your Defender.
Built to OEM standards .
Fits TIGHTLY to the upper dash .
Defender Dash is NOT all plastic .
1.5mm Aluminium housing / substructure with cosmetic plastic face plate .
Pre-cut for installing stereo , gauges and switches.
Stereo supported FRONT and BACK by aluminum arms .
Easy to install.

Specifications:
Will insert into any standard pre 2002 90/110 dash .
Stereo and gauges not included .
Sealed - Lamp 1 on with Running Lights; Lamp 2 on when switch activated
Also available without switches.
Not Recommended for use with a centre seat
Larger Switch Quantity Ordering Has Brought The Price Of This Item Down.

As I mentioned, I have two complete kits for sale. They are brand new, I opened the box to take photos. I was going to use these kits, but the Mud UK version worked better for me as I had two ham radios to mount.

These kits retail for CAD 270, which is shockingly USD 260 at the moment.

I'm asking $150 each, $110 off the retail price, and I'll pay postage, or deliver (if you're local). I expect I'll put them on eBay at the end of June 2010.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne