For sale. Home built camper for Tacoma, Chevy Colorado or...?

Goober

Adventurer
This camper was designed for the Tacoma 2nd or 3rd gen, but will work on any midsize truck. Weighs 600 lbs. Cost to build was $4000

See the complete build thread here. https://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/building-camper-for-small-pickups.95659/

The camper body is 80" not including the cab over. I wouldn't recommend using it on t 5" bed as there would be too much weight behind the axle.

Includes: 8 gal water tank, sink, electric pump, bed cushions.

No leaks or other issues. Camper has been stored under a car port out of the weather. Selling it because I have a short bed truck and I'm towing a trailer now.

price $2500

location Salt Lake City, Utah.

IMG_1630a.jpg

IMG_3325a.jpg

IMG_1675a.jpg

Goober

Adventurer
The interior is designed so that everything could be removed from the inside without disturbing the exterior. you could actually fit a full size queen mattress if all the cabinets, water tank and sink were taken out and have storage under the bed.

This is amazing! I'm a minimalist so really appreciate this. Will this only work on a Tacoma? What about a f150 or similar? I can't afford a Tacoma.

Goober

Adventurer
This could be used on any pickup or flat bed truck. When I used it on a Colorado I had to put a 3" spacer under it as the bed side walls on the Colorado are higher than the Tacoma. So I would just be a matter of setting it up to clear the cab height/bed side walls. Adding robust tie downs in the front of the bed would need to be done also. I was able to run longer bolts through the stock bed mounts in the Colorado frame and up into the bed to add lifting rings to attach the tie downs to. The Tacoma has bolts in the bed that I added brackets to for that. The rear just bolts down through the bed with backing plates underneath. I could provide details on all of this.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Crap, haven't been on here lately and wish I had seen this before. We live in Bountiful and would love to look at it if still available, I recall reading about the build process and thinking how cool it was. We just bought a 2013 f150 with 6.5 foot bed and hoping to find a lightweight camper, let me know if you haven't sold it yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles