For sale: gen 3 LSD

offthepath

Adventurer
Anyone interested in an OEM Gen 3 rear LSD? Not the carrier, just the locker. It will work with 4.3 and 4.9 gears.

$250 shipped. 20180810_130830.jpg20180810_140557.jpg

Ocdfisher

Was this in your vehicle? Is it an easy swap from the open differential? I'm not too confident in setting up a rear end, gears, shims, backlash.

offthepath

Adventurer
No i have never ran it. It was in the diff I purchased to get 4.9 gears. No indication anything was wrong with the diff. Gears, bearings, etc all looked good.

To set it up you would only need to adjust back lash. That would take ordering the shim kit from Mitsubishi.

I'm open to obo.

Last edited:

offthepath

Adventurer
Call around to some shops that set up differentials. I bet for a carrier change it would be $150-250.

Also I should mention that with a shim kit setting the back lash is pretty easy, however you will need to make a differential case spreader. Pretty basic if you have a welder but on the 9.5 rear end I think it's a necessity.

I think on a 2003+ Gen 3 this would be a really good set up if you were not ready to drop 1000+ on an arb. From what I have read, the few people that have used an lsd with traction control have reported very good results.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz