[For sale] Custom multi-purpose camping/hauler/overland/utility trailer

Spvrtan

Asking $4,200 or best offer & located in San Diego.

• Priced reasonably as such with the understanding that it is a 90% done trailer that is a little rough around the edges from both real world use and being one of my first fabrication projects. Someone that doesn't mind a little DIY to finish the trailer and make it truly their own would appreciate this build. I started building this about 1.5 years ago in my garage. Most of the asking price is to cover the costs in parts and material.
  • Will NOT come with RTT.
  • Title in hand and fully street legal.
  • 5x10 trailer. Inner width at entrance is ~56" so quads/bikes can be loaded in. Total length is about 13.5 feet.
  • Has about a dozen offroad trips. Another dozen or two trips to the local metal store to pick up material for other projects.
  • Selling primarily because I'm going to build a bigger one
  • While the trailer is rough around the edges in some spots, make no mistake that it is offroad capable and ready. On one trip, I towed it across the bumpy Mojave Road at speeds up to 60mph without issues.
  • Has independent axles for a smoother ride (Timbren Industries brand). Axles are rated for 3,500 pounds. Trailer weighs just under 1,600 empty.
  • Has brakes on each axle but I never got around to wiring them to the 7-pin trailer junction box.
  • Has 40" tires in the photos but will come not come with those. I'll throw on some ~32" tires before selling.
  • Hubs are a 6x5.5 bolt pattern (same as Tacomas/4Runners/Jeeps)
  • Frame built with weight savings in mind and to help with rust control by using structural shapes instead of tubes.
  • "Table" flat top fenders for using as mini tables or strapping gear down.
  • Lockable tongue box w/ key (UWS brand).
  • Has removable RTT mounts.
  • Has two jerry can mounts
  • Has "grab handles" on tongue to more easily pull/push the trailer around by hand.
  • Has offroad-friendly tongue jack from Ark w/ dual wheels
  • Perfect as viewing deck to enjoy drinks on.
  • Simple angled rocked sliders for pivoting around obstacles.
  • 3-axis pivoting hitch coupler that is greasable (C U Offroad brand). Also great as an anti-theft mechanism since it uses a connection that the average person is unaware of.
  • High walls with huge holes to keep larger items in but also to keep wind resistance down.
  • Gapped floors to minimize dirt but also easily replaceable for maintenance or to switch to different material. Douglas Fir wood is stained/sealed.
  • Front ladders to climb around to get to the RTT.
  • Swing out door with drop down table and several latches to hold door closed/open.
  • Things that are unfinished, need to be redone, or to do: table could use a new surface. some welds could be cleaned up, some light surface rust to repaint, front wall could be closed up.

Some photos of the trailer..

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8HU4H1HrVb/

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles