For Sale- AT Flippac Camper Shell for 5' short bed Tacoma, with Fiamma f5 awning- SALE ON HOLD

jlcanterbury

-SALE ON HOLD-
Located in San Clemente, CA.

I consider the Flippac to be one of the best options for a go-anywhere expedition setup- lightweight, very comfortable, super convenient for multiple reasons. I have really enjoyed this camper, but need funds for a current ambulance camper project.

The Flippac is in excellent condition with no issues or damage. It has a 5' Fiamma f5 awning installed on the passenger side. The passenger side also has a custom flip-up side window installed. The original torsion-bar opening mechanism works perfectly. No tears or rips in tent. All windows function great. Also included is a full rain-fly cover for the tent.

Asking $6500 for the Flippac + awning. If you want to pay less, I will consider uninstalling the awning and using it in my next build.

I am also willing to sell the storage setup shown in the truck bed. This is a solid and useful build that provides seating, storage, and houses utilities/electrical. The storage setup fits an engel fridge on custom slide-out, has a 20 gallon water tank and house battery, fuse box, etc. 2 large sotrage drawers, a slide-out for a casette toilet, and a third large storage compartment under flip-up lid. This was custom built to utilize every inc of space in the short bed tacoma. Framed with 80/20 aluminum, has held up very well. The entire in-bed storage setup slides out easily, converting back to a regular truck bed in 5 minutes if you need to.

I will sell the in-bed setup for $2,500. This price will include the Engel fridge, water tank, electronics setup with house battery isolator switch (charge from the alternator), and a blue sea fuse box to add electronics.

Will sell full camper setup (Flippac + bed storage build) for $8500.
f1.jpg

f3.jpg

f5.jpg

f4.jpg

f6.jpg

Last edited:

Desert Taco

Observer
Awesome setup! I am looking to do a very similar build on my extended cab Taco once I find a 6ft Flip Pac.

How much for the whole kit, truck and all? :unsure:

jlcanterbury

Would this fit a 2nd gen 5ft bed Tacoma? Would mods be necessary?
I do believe the Flippac shell will mount to a 2nd gen short bed no problems. I see guys running that combination.
The rear bed setup should also fit within the footprint of the 2nd gen bed, may require slight adjustment.

jlcanterbury

Awesome setup! I am looking to do a very similar build on my extended cab Taco once I find a 6ft Flip Pac.

How much for the whole kit, truck and all? :unsure:

Thanks, it's a great rig. I planned to keep the truck, but would consider letting the whole build go to someone who will enjoy the complete package. I would consider offers around the $20k mark.
More details on the truck:
190k miles, lots of life left, runs excellent. Transmission was fully rebuilt in 2019
TRD 4x4 with locking rear diff.
Icon front coil-over suspension
ARB bumper with Warn 9500 winch, synthetic line.
OME rear shocks, with add-a leaf rear spring upgrade.
265/75/15 BFG K02 Tires, matching spare for 5-tire rotation.

(Not shown) Custom rear swing-out bumper, holds two 5-gal Jerry cans, a milk crate for firewood or gear, and a sealed kitchen box with built-in 2-burner stove. This swings out to the passenger side giving you a kitchen setup under the awning. Will try to find a few pics.

Thanks for your consideration, any further interest please let me know. Thanks!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles