For Sale: '92 Kawasaki KLR 650

tylerro

Up for sale is my 1992 Kawasaki KLR650 in near new condition. The bike currently has 20k miles on it.

I am the second owner as of last summer. The original owner owner owned bought it in Portland in April of 1992 and then drove it to Tucson in the late 90s where it lived the majority of it's life.

The bike has been meticulously maintained and it shows. Never been in any accidents or dropped.

Upgrades include:
- Heavy duty aluminum skid plate
- Auxiliary lights
- Pelican case
- Upgraded older style cam gears to the post 96 solid gears
- Changed doo hickey and upgraded to the torsion spring
- Carb was rebuilt with all new rubber parts and cleaned
- Petcock rebuilt
- Rear disc protector
- Headlight harness upgrade
- Auxiliary switch for radiator fan (perfect for cooling in the desert) - can be ran with the bike off
- Wired switches for other accessories
- I have a ton of spare parts as well that I'll include (gaskets, hand covers, spare fuel line, cables, etc.)

I bought the bike to put on the back of my RV for a trip late last year. I explored highways, small towns, dirt roads, etc. This bike is a true do it all.

I'm asking $4,500 and will happily answer any questions or share more pictures. I am located in Newport Beach, CA.

resize.jpg

View attachment IMG_8763.jpg
View attachment IMG_8770.jpg
View attachment IMG_8772.jpg
View attachment IMG_8791.jpg
View attachment IMG_8785.jpg

Last edited:

carlpb

A lesser $ may be a more appropriate for this vintage and miles if you really need to sell, otherwise it may be a while for the right buyer here given your low post count and numerous KLR's in Southern California for less $, less miles and decades newer. I may be off base if this is a vintage rare model for a collector. Good luck with the sale.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles