SOLD: 2019 EarthCruiser FX

High Water

Baja Bliss
I just realized that is a for sale thread and it has gone off the rails... :)
Hi Greg, No worries, engagement is engagement. I hope you are well and still enjoying your DAF truck with a Kenworth logo on it ;) It would be great to catch-up, I'll send you an email. - Darren

High Water

Baja Bliss
We are planning a trip to Moab, UT to show the truck to a prospective buyer. Let me know if that brings the truck closer to any other interested people.

Scottpyro

Was this rolling art in Payson, Arizona a couple of weeks ago? I turned around to take a look and it vanished into thin air. Drove around thinking I’d spot it somewhere.

High Water

Baja Bliss
Was this rolling art in Payson, Arizona a couple of weeks ago? I turned around to take a look and it vanished into thin air. Drove around thinking I’d spot it somewhere.
Hey, indeed that was us. Unfortunately, we missed you. We were just blazing through Payson heading for some UT back country adventures.

High Water

Baja Bliss
Thank you. That was Nomands365 we have traveled with them several times and are good friends You can check them out on IG or on their blog.

68camaro

Any River...Any Place
How is EC on long highway trips? I think you drove out to VA late last year and now back west? Living in VA we are spend alot of time on highways getting to areas of interest?

On highway what is cruising speed, and how is passing, or lack thereof, power?

Thanks

High Water

Baja Bliss
How is EC on long highway trips? I think you drove out to VA late last year and now back west? Living in VA we are spend alot of time on highways getting to areas of interest?

On highway what is cruising speed, and how is passing, or lack thereof, power?

Thanks
Hi 68Camero,
Correct, we were in VA when you and I had a DM or text discussion and we are now in CO.

That is a pretty subjective question and is difficult to answer objectively but here is my somewhat subjective answer. The truck has enough power that can be driven at 75+ mph on a flat road or downhill; assuming that is the legal speed limit. However, it is a seven ton truck with mud tires and a lot of negative and positive air pressure vortex & turbulence underneath and behind it resulting in driver fatigue, the engine will be a high rpm and fuel consumption would be terrible. On straight and reasonably flat motorways I put the cruise control on 63mph (GPS speed) and I'll get there 1 min 23 seconds after the guy passing me rolling coal doing 80 mph. I am nice to my engine and drive train and not in a hurry.

If it is curvy mountainous roads where speed limits are 45- 55mph, I usually shift in manual mode and follow the speed limit. If it is a rocky mountain pass, I am in the slow lane with the big trucks, occasionally passing one that is loaded heavy. We always cerebrate when that happens:)

I hope that is helpful. If you want specific RPMs at various speeds you will have to wait until we move locations again:--)
Cheers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles