(SOLD): 2018 SoCal Teardrops 459 Krawler - $22,999 - Las Vegas, NV - Willing to help with delivery up to ~500 miles

tjZ06

For Sale: 2018 SoCal Teardrops 459 Krawler
Price: $22,999 OBO

First, let me address why I'm selling, as I'm sure it'll come up as the first question. In short, I bought a Four Wheel Camper slide-in for my pickup truck, because it suits my life better right now. I actually work in the Bay Area, CA and spend about 3/4 of my time here. When I purchased this trailer, my home was in Northern CA and the trailer could live in the garage there, and I could take it out often. However, we sold our CA home and bought in Las Vegas, NV. I keep an apartment in the Bay Area, but it has no trailer parking. The issue is that I do my Overlanding from the Bay, not from Vegas. As such, I'm paying for storage (indoor) that's expensive, and not convenient to get to (especially in Bay Area traffic). Further, I bought my Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk basically just for the trailer, but I have a paid-off pickup just sitting.

So, all of that said I'm selling my 2018 SoCal Teardrop 459 Krawler (and eventually, the 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, 5.7 Hemi with the Trailhawk Luxury Group). More details below, but this is a very "loaded" trailer with a unique kitchen swing-out that I believe makes it one of the best SoCal Teardrops that's been made!

You'll note several different wheels/tires on it in the pictures. It will be sold on the OEM WK2 JGC Trailhawk wheels with LT275 /65 R18 BFG KO2 tires (roughly a 32" tire, nearly new, maybe 3-4k miles on them). I do not intend to include the spare with the trailer, since it's my only matching spare for the Jeep - but it can be included at extra cost. I am asking $23,999 and the trailer is located in Las Vegas, NV.

Some details:

The base trailer is a SoCal Teardrops 459 Krawler: So-Cal Teardrops - Teardrop Models - 459 Krawler - Offroad Teardrop (keep in mind that price is without ANY options)
  • Super-unique kitchen "swing out" that houses sink, prep area and hot water heater. Combined with the galley it makes for an AMAZING camp kitchen
  • Off road rear stabilizer jacks
  • Off road tube-style fenders (easily cleared 35"s when I was running those)
  • 2" front receiver on tongue (easy to change hitch style)
  • 2" Rear receiver (for bike racks, rear-recovery, etc.)
  • Pneumatic front wheel jack
  • Max coupler (also including standard 2" ball coupler)
  • Expanded metal storage cage (great for fuel/firewood/etc.)
  • Front storage box (houses battery and inverter)
  • Powered interior vent/fan
  • Battery and inverter
  • 12V monitor inside
  • Premium LED interior and galley lights
  • LED ground lights
  • Aircraft-style reading lights
  • 12V outlet inside
  • Solar charge controller (for use with external solar panels)
  • Pass-through, removable screen door between cabin/galley
  • Cabin lower flip-up doors
  • Off-road galley upgrade with two additional kitchen drawers
  • Two side-mount LP tanks (painted)
  • SCT aluminum paper towel holder
  • Bungee curtain holders w/ black-out curtains
  • SCT aluminum fridge slide
  • 50qt ARB fridge on slide
  • 30 gallon water tank w/ electric pump (fully skid-plated)
  • On-demand hot water heater
  • Double-sealed doors
  • Roof basket
  • Dual ARB awnings (one has a 3-wall shower/privacy attachment, the other has a full 4-wall + floor annex)
  • Under-mattress storage
  • Electric brakes

I'm sure I'm forgetting other features, and I'm also including a Renogy 100 Watt 12-volt "suitcase" solar setup. It does have a Powertank mount attached to the toolbox which I will be leaving, but I am not including the Powertank itself. The trailer of course has some rock chips from the miles off road, I tried to get good pictures of those. I have a few more detailed pictures available as well, but here are some from my adventures with this amazing trailer:

a1.jpeg
a2.jpg
a3.jpg
a4.jpg
a5.jpg
a6.jpg
a7.jpg
a8.jpg
a9.jpg
a10.jpg

-TJ

Last edited:

tjZ06

I had a request for some pics with the swing-out closed, unfortunately I guess I don't have a ton and am in the office currently. But here's an idea:

a3.jpg

1641827182692.png

-TJ

Last edited:

tjZ06

For those interested, I did weigh tongue-weight with a legit tongue-weight scale. With the tongue-box full of hardwood firewood and a full 30 gallons onboard (plus all my food/gear) it was 330lbs. It'd be less without the firewood, of course.

-TJ

Last edited:

ace944gs

I had a request for some pics with the swing-out closed, unfortunately I guess I don't have a ton and am in the office currently. But here's an idea:

View attachment 700699
View attachment 700962

-TJ
That's a really cool setup!

Im not a potential buyer, but if you don't mind sharing- was the swing out an option from SoCal? Or custom? Seems like a great way to optimize space when traveling and expand the work zone when camping.

and operationally- how does having the sink / prep / heater outside the body of the trailer work out with dust? I imagine SoCal thought of that with good seals but it's hard to see from the pics.

Bump for a great looking set up and your offer on delivery... and GLWS!

tjZ06

That's a really cool setup!

Im not a potential buyer, but if you don't mind sharing- was the swing out an option from SoCal? Or custom? Seems like a great way to optimize space when traveling and expand the work zone when camping.

and operationally- how does having the sink / prep / heater outside the body of the trailer work out with dust? I imagine SoCal thought of that with good seals but it's hard to see from the pics.

Bump for a great looking set up and your offer on delivery... and GLWS!

I'm the second owner of the trailer. The first owner had it built as you see it, so it was an "option" from SoCal but I don't believe they've done any more. As for the seal, there's no actual seal on the sink when it is turned over and put over the cutting board, but both stay pretty dust free. The hot water heater has a over and stays pretty clean. In short, I haven't had a problem with it and I ran 800 miles of dusty roads in Idaho last fall using it for every meal.

-TJ

tjZ06

can you say what the overall height is with the awnings attached? e.g. can it fit into a standard garage?

I don't have the exact measurement, but the awnings are attached in all of these pictures, they sit about flush with the top of the rack. It will fit into a standard garage, even when it was on the 35"s... but on the 35"s it was very close. That was without the spare up on the rack. If you need, I can get an exact measurement for you as it sits (on the ~32"s that match my Trailhawk).

-TJ

Citizen Rob

Just out of curiosity, how big is the door opening into the trailer? I'm 6'5, 300 pounds. Am I going to be able to swing my legs in or am I chafing my love handles and skinning the top of my head on the aluminum frame of the door...

tjZ06

Just out of curiosity, how big is the door opening into the trailer? I'm 6'5, 300 pounds. Am I going to be able to swing my legs in or am I chafing my love handles and skinning the top of my head on the aluminum frame of the door...

I can get a measurement, but it's not bad. I'm 6' and about 280 (but working on that, lol). I swing my legs in without a problem, obviously your height would make it a big tighter, but it's a pretty good size door. If you're interested let me know, and I'll grab a measurement...

-TJ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior