For Sale: 2007 Tow-Ready Jeep Wrangler JK Rubicon Overlanding Setup

brady brady

This well-maintained, tow-ready Jeep will take you wherever you want to go, shade you and all your friends when the sun is making everyone else miserable, and give you a quick and comfy place to sleep--pretty much anywhere you can get level. It makes a great towed vehicle for side expeditions. As you might expect, there are better daily drivers ;-)

I’ve had this Jeep for about 3 years and 10K miles, and repaired, outfitted and maintained it keep for a good while… but then I learned I would be moving out of the country for my job, so I need to sell it. Just add food, water, someplace cool to go and you're set.

Specs:
2007 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-Door
6-Speed Manual Transmission
165,000 miles
Clean carfax (available for serious inquires)

Price
:
$18,000 obo

Included equipment:

Tow kit:
I often towed the Jeep with my truck camper (basecamp) to use the Jeep for side excursions.
· Roadmaster Falcon All-Terrain non-binding tow bar.
· Universal brake monitor system.
· Towed vehicle battery charge line kit.
· Demco Stay-in-play Duo supplemental braking system.

Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 tent, Medium—I’ve had this tent only a year and used it probably 30 nights. 1-minute setup, 2-minute stow. Leave your pillows and bedding inside.

Front runner roof rack. This is supported by the roll cage, not the hardtop—it is solid.

Overland Vehicle Systems Nomadic 270 awning: HUGE coverage, quick 1-person set-up and pack-up. On calm days, you don’t need to use poles.

Atlas front bumper with winch. The winch works fine, but it’s a Smittybuilt that came with the Jeep when I bought it, so I try not to put myself into situations where I might need it.

EVO low-profile rear bumper. Great clearance / departure angle.

Back deck and removable cargo shelf with tie-down rings: carry the weight of your spare between your axles, while still easily carrying all of your gear. I have the rear seat if you really want it, but it needs a cable repair to allow it to tumble.

Alu-Box camp kitchen. Fits perfectly under deck.

Motorola Mxt275 micromobile two-way radio.

Noco battery jumper.

Viair 450-P continuous duty cycle compressor and Staun tire deflators.

ARB tire repair kit.

Folding camp chair.

Portable toilet (luggable-loo style)—meets USFS/USNP requirements.

All of these fit under the deck and storage shelf, leaving the top free for gear.

In addition to regular 3K oil + air filter changes, all the following replacements/maintenance have been done within the last 10K miles, many within the last 5K. I have records of all maintenance and tests performed while I’ve owned the Jeep:
· Brand-new windshield.
· Terraflex lift (2.5”): springs, shocks, front & rear end links, bump stops.
· Brake flush & bleed
· Upgraded front & rear drive shafts
· Transfer case cable replacement
· Transfer case service
· Spark plugs, wires and coil pack
· Tie rods & drag links
· Steering stabilizer
· Ball joints
· Inner axle seals
· Front rear differential services
· Front axle shaft u-joint
· Front track bar
· Rear brakes & rotors
· Battery (less than 1 year old)
· Serpentine belt
· Poison spider heavy-duty diff cover
· Heater core
· Thermostat
· Coolant flush & fill
· Exhaust manifolds
· Clutch master cylinder

Known issues:

1) Tear in driver's seat fabric (seen in photo). Included are black Dickies seat covers for the seats, so this shouldn't get worse. It hasn't while I've had the Jeep.

2) Until the tires are replaced, there is excessive road force causing a feeling similar to unbalanced wheels, that occurs from about 50 to 58 mph. Slower or faster, all is smooth. I was concerned about this and had the front end checked by 2 different shops, who found everything tight and good. Then I took the Jeep to a tire shop, who found the tires balanced, so performed a road force test, found excessive road force, and recommended the tires be replaced to eliminate this. They also advised me against replacing with the same type of tire as they said the KO2s (which I like, actually) seem to develop this problem more than other tires.

FWIW, if I were keeping the Jeep, I personally would not replace the tires until they are worn. I like these tires offroad, as class "C" tires, they are relatively comfy, especially when aired down. You can only feel this issue on pavement, and even then only at the speeds mentioned above. On the (quite) rare occasions I use the Jeep on-road, I simply avoid that speed band.

I have more pics but had to omit them due to pic limits on the posting. Also it seems that the "10" photo limit uses base seven ( ? )

-Brady

camping1.jpg
intDeckFromBack.jpeg
intStereoStack.jpeg
extPassBackQuarter.jpg
extDriverFrontQuarter.jpg
Engine.jpeg
intFrontFromDriver.jpeg

Attachments

• extTent.jpg
    extTent.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 37