For sale:2003 Quigley Ford E350 EB

Edavies267

Price: $15000.00
Mileage: 117818
6.8 V10
AAMCO transmission less than 10k miles.
Ac/heat front and rear

A ton of work went into bringing the rig into it current condition. It is currently set up with a slight camper build consisting of 2 twin bed each side with open storage under. Hard side YETI 125, coleman day cooler, bolted down cabinet 3 drawers and side pantry. External 20 amp hookup to power strip inside.
Single fold out step for side barn door entry.
Ready to roll anywhere as it sits.

Known issues;
Headliner starting to peel back at windshield. Rear headliner scuffed up in rear where previouse owner had dog crates.
Aftermarket double din backup camera works when it wants.
AC must have a tiny leak as i have to add a can of freon every summer.
Scuff chips and scratches as would be expected for a vehicle this age.

IMG_20210804_141820030.jpgIMG_20210716_110358720.jpgIMG_20210716_110336525.jpgIMG_20210716_110312097.jpgIMG_20190326_135433_01.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180518_164441049.jpg
    IMG_20180518_164441049.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 648
  • IMG_20180518_164430948_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180518_164430948_HDR.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 612

Edavies267

So this far there has been one question... Im gathering i im way overpriced or there are no buyers here. So any feedback to help me get a listing right before it goes on ebay would be greatly appreciated.

NORDFORD

Li
So this far there has been one question... Im gathering i im way overpriced or there are no buyers here. So any feedback to help me get a listing right before it goes on ebay would be greatly appreciated.
If you can, get rid of the Batman/Tonka stuff. It narrows your target significantly.

Athansinis

I'd be quite interested if it was in Washington or maybe even Oregon, but I definitely can't make it to Texas right now.

I'm somewhat newly interested in a 4x4 van, but I feel like the price is more than fair (especially with Covid-inflated prices)--fair enough that even though I'd have the regular body without windows, I'd not hesisitate to buy it if it checked out. The Batman/Tonka aesthetic is not my taste, but seems like a minor detail to me.

motovan_mn

I agree, the price seems very fair! The batman/Tonka stuff may not be for everyone, but is easily removed if needed :)

I think some additional photos would be helpful. Undercarriage so people can inspect for rust, perhaps more interior shots, etc.

In the interest of keeping this discussion going:
  • One minor thing holding me back is that you note "AAMCO transmission" - does this mean you had a new transmission installed, and can you provide details on the replacement?
  • Does the van have cruise control?
  • are the original seat mounts and seat belts intact? *edit* i see the original seat belts in one of the photos, and i *think* i can see the original seat mounts as well.

Last edited:

Edavies267

I agree, the price seems very fair! The batman/Tonka stuff may not be for everyone, but is easily removed if needed :)

I think some additional photos would be helpful. Undercarriage so people can inspect for rust, perhaps more interior shots, etc.

In the interest of keeping this discussion going:
  • One minor thing holding me back is that you note "AAMCO transmission" - does this mean you had a new transmission installed, and can you provide details on the replacement?
  • Does the van have cruise control?
  • are the original seat mounts and seat belts intact? *edit* i see the original seat belts in one of the photos, and i *think* i can see the original seat mounts as well.
The transmission lost the front seal and so i had it rebuilt. I wanted to go to Ford to get it done for nation wide warranty availability but all the ford houses were occupied with some major recall and i could not wait 3 weeks.
The van does NOT have cruise.
The majority of the shoulder belts are gone. I have the 3 bench seats and mounting brackets. The seats have been stored outside quasi covered so they probably would need some loving.

I will post up more pics shortly.

RuralAlaskan

So I will throw a couple suggestions out there. The price is fair if the issues listed are the extent of it. I would definitely get a heat gun and remove the decals as the #1 action item.

Beyond that:
New Aamco transmission is not necessarily a selling point. These transmissions do not normally fail at mileage that low, especially behind a 6.8L, which has low torque at low RPM. The 7.3L is more likely to kill that transmission, but even then it would make me suspect poor maintenance if it failed that soon. These transmissions do blow out front seals under heavy load in reverse; but that should not have warranted a complete transmission.

I would assume no rust, being from Texas, but fender flares and Rhino-liner on the bottom of the vehicle is the first thing rust-belt natives do to hide rust for a few months while they sell their vehicle. Likewise, all that black on the undercarriage looks like it was applied last week. I know that much of that underbody should be yellow, and most rear axles were not that clean when they left the dealer lot in 2003. At a minimum, find some mud to drive through so you can "age" the undercarriage. If this van lived its entire life in the south (check Carfax registrations), definitely state that.
Also, it appears that this particular van has a full-floating rear axle. Ford tried to move to a semi-float in the early 2000s, and did not go back to a full float until much later (2008?), so that axle is rare and desirable.

GLWTS

Edavies267

So I will throw a couple suggestions out there. The price is fair if the issues listed are the extent of it. I would definitely get a heat gun and remove the decals as the #1 action item.

Beyond that:
New Aamco transmission is not necessarily a selling point. These transmissions do not normally fail at mileage that low, especially behind a 6.8L, which has low torque at low RPM. The 7.3L is more likely to kill that transmission, but even then it would make me suspect poor maintenance if it failed that soon. These transmissions do blow out front seals under heavy load in reverse; but that should not have warranted a complete transmission.

I would assume no rust, being from Texas, but fender flares and Rhino-liner on the bottom of the vehicle is the first thing rust-belt natives do to hide rust for a few months while they sell their vehicle. Likewise, all that black on the undercarriage looks like it was applied last week. I know that much of that underbody should be yellow, and most rear axles were not that clean when they left the dealer lot in 2003. At a minimum, find some mud to drive through so you can "age" the undercarriage. If this van lived its entire life in the south (check Carfax registrations), definitely state that.
Also, it appears that this particular van has a full-floating rear axle. Ford tried to move to a semi-float in the early 2000s, and did not go back to a full float until much later (2008?), so that axle is rare and desirable.

GLWTS
Believe me i more than erked at the transmission going out on me 35 miles down island.... after all the sweat and blood i was confident the transmission was a non issue. If i had been on road intown it would have been just a seal but.... The van is in Texas now but originated in Michigan so the rust belt anology does apply. I should have done a build thread here and documented everything that went on with it once I got it here. Long story short - bumpers front and rear removed, running board drivers and passenger removed sanded and restored, rockers cut out both sides front to rear and new welded in new. Not sure how many months it took but more than 4 and less than 6. Weeks under with wire wheels etc.. Fertan treated and painted. It is now a habit to go under and pressure wash, fertan and paint after an island trip so freshly maintained off the beach in June, yes. I enjoyed putting the TONKA on it. The rest just happened in color matching flow of making mattresses and curtains. Silly motif i know but if ya cant laugh at yourself... I did not buy the van to sell it. Ill never afford another and i know it. Especially covid pricing. Life happens and my other posts tell that story. It seems my 2000 ram ctd 4x4 is commanding a good price these days as well so.. options are awesome. Im good with either one but i can only keep one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles