For Sale: 1998 Jeep TJ Sport

stainless

Observer
1998 Jeep TJ Sport - 4.0L, 5-speed, ~124,000 miles
It's listed on Craigslist (Atl) for $7,200. I'm willing to negotiate a little on the price.

"Gunmetal" blue w/ black soft top. Half doors, Grey interior, vinyl seats, no carpet.

I've owned this Jeep since Summer of 2006. I've only driven it ~10k miles in the 2 years I've had it. I kept the oil changed even though I wasn't putting alot of miles on it, and I always check/change fluid after a trip. :Mechanic:

Modifications: 4" SuperLift short-arm suspension system, 1" Daystar Body Lift, 33x10.50 BFG M/T tires (75% tread) on black steel ProComp wheels, full sized spare BFG M/T (100% tread) on matching wheel.

I added 4 MasterCraft grab handles on rollbars make it easier for my wife & friends to get in and out.

I left the factory composite steps on for this same reason. I never offroaded hard enough to worry about breaking them. I never used this Jeep for "rockcrawling". I have only had it in mud a few times. I hate the cleanup involved, so if possible, I avoid it. I have used it mainly for trail rides and made some short trips (6-700 miles round trip). I've found that if I remove the rear seat, I can easily pack enough supplies for my wife and I to stay gone for 4-5 days. :camping:

I'll include a bikini top, tonneau cover and windjammer all have the Jeep (R) logo on them (~$400 new). These are great once camp is set up and I want to go on some trail rides. They also increase the effectiveness of the A/C in the summer by decreasing the size of the cab. ;)

Even with the 33x10.50's and 5" of lift, it still handles extended 75mph cruising without problems.

All audio/communication equipment was installed by previous owner:
Alpine CDM-9803 single-CD head unit is still working fine (ie hasn't ever been rained on). OEM overhead sound bar has 2 aftermarket Pioneer 5 1/4" speakers and there are 2 aftermarket Polk Audio 4x6's in the stock in-dash locations. They put out plenty of sound even if the top is off.
Cobra 29LTB Classic CB with aux speaker and 4' Firestik antenna. They will be included if you want them. It worked great before I took it out. It was mounted on the dash (holes are under the rubber dash tray). I had planned on reinstalling it on the passengers side of the trans tunnel or in a Tuffy console, I just never got around to it.
Overall, wear and tear are about average for a 10 yr old Jeep.

I'm selling the Jeep because my wife and I are in the middle of building a new house and I've got no time to play with it.

Feel free to email with any questions.
Thanks,
Adam

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier