FOR SALE: 1996 Isuzu Trooper S $1000

jmuddy

FOR SALE: 1996 Isuzu Trooper S 4x4. Automatic transmission.

Selling our 1996 Trooper S. 162,000 miles. White exterior, gray interior. Clean title. Needs engine rebuild or replace; local pickup - will need to trailer or tow.

Rarely driven for the last few years. No significant modifications other than Surco crossbars and class III hitch. Have second set of OEM wheels, wheel covers being sold separately. Contact for more info.

Price: $1000

Attachments

• IMG_0486c.JPG
    IMG_0486c.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0484c.JPG
    IMG_0484c.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0693b.JPG
    IMG_0693b.JPG
    936.7 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_0701c.JPG
    IMG_0701c.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 147
  • IMG_0695b.JPG
    IMG_0695b.JPG
    754.6 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_0697b.JPG
    IMG_0697b.JPG
    365.4 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:

SRN

Adventurer
We were originally told it was a timing belt problem, but then told the crankshaft had to be replaced.

Not trying to second guess what you've been told from a thousand miles away, but if its a knock from the front of the motor; often times that's the timing belt tensioner. This is a very common issue with Isuzu 3.2L of this vintage and is often mistaken as a rod knock.

You should post this over on Planet Isuzoo. Someone there is bound to be looking for a good deal on a 2nd Gen.

jmuddy

Not trying to second guess what you've been told from a thousand miles away, but if its a knock from the front of the motor; often times that's the timing belt tensioner. This is a very common issue with Isuzu 3.2L of this vintage and is often mistaken as a rod knock.

You should post this over on Planet Isuzoo. Someone there is bound to be looking for a good deal on a 2nd Gen.
Thanks for the input. We might get a second opinion but the reality is the Trooper probably deserves a new home either way.

We recently tried to post it for sale on Planetisuzoo, but the posts never go live. Not sure why - I guess we need moderator approval, and I don't know if there's actually a moderator anymore. We don't get a response to our "help" postings either. Too bad - it used to be a great site and would be a good place to find a potential buyer.

SRN

Adventurer
We recently tried to post it for sale on Planetisuzoo, but the posts never go live. Not sure why - I guess we need moderator approval, and I don't know if there's actually a moderator anymore. We don't get a response to our "help" postings either. Too bad - it used to be a great site and would be a good place to find a potential buyer.

It was bought by Vertical Scope a few years ago and has kinda gone down hill since.

SRN

Adventurer
a little off topic, but after two weeks the post went live today on planetisuzoo...
You're not the only one! I managed to get a hold of someone at Vertical Scope and they approved a bunch of new posts, users. Hopefully there might be some positive changes coming to the site soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles