FOR SALE: 1961 UNIMOG 404.1 Swiss Troops Carrier, $8,900

Gebirgekind

Selling our 1961 404.1 Swiss Troops Carrier. All original, the engine runs great and I recently rebuilt the brake master cylinder and serviced the carb. Everything works well except it won't drive in fifth gear, I just go from fourth to sixth without trouble. 56,606km. Located in the Flathead Valley, Montana, asking $8,900 or best offer.

This has the Mercedes inline 6-cylinder engine with extra stout 4x4. The perfect go anywhere, do anything vehicle to customize for your needs. Please contact with any questions or for additional pictures and video.
IMG_0988.JPG
IMG_1903.jpeg
IMG_1904.jpeg

Last edited:

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
What do you mean by "won't drive in fifth gear"? It locks up, or it doesn't transmit torque, or it simply won't go into fifth?

Gebirgekind

What do you mean by "won't drive in fifth gear"? It locks up, or it doesn't transmit torque, or it simply won't go into fifth?
Thanks for your question. It just won't go into fifth while driving. It will shift in if the engine is idling, but only grinds otherwise. It would need some transmission TLC to fix. I just lowered the price, thanks for looking!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior