For Fellow 70-Series Lovers

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
e91230a70f.jpg
:drool:
Nice pics, I always find the sticker kits on middle eastern Toyotas funny, but I guess they're all teh rage so that's how they make'm eh.

Cheers

Dave

You can actually tell what year it is by the "Unique" sticker kits....Cough ugly Cough....

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Sultanate of Oman, March 2009. A nice collection of Toyota 70 Series Land Cruisers and a Hilux
100_5872.jpg

Here's a Toyota Land Cruiser 70 Series in Oman that I wanted to bring home for obvious reasons...
OmaniArmyLandCruiser70SeriesOman200.jpg

Last edited:

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Sultanate of Oman, March 2009. A nice collection of Toyota 70 Series Land Cruisers and a Hilux
100_5872.jpg

Here's a Toyota Land Cruiser 70 Series in Oman that I wanted to bring home for obvious reasons...

Could you bring the one on the left in the pic for me??? (We get lots of rain so the canvas would be handy!)

LC/LR4Life

Adventurer
Too bad we can't get the 70 series in North America. It's a shame because it's a cool and rugged design. I guess there is no way we could petition for them to be imported here too??

Lulo

Observer
100_5872.jpg

AMAZING!!! :wings:

You drive this war-machine??? :smiley_drive:

BiG BoB

Adventurer
Just a happy snap from work, 5 troopys, 2 Navaras, and a Hilux, all diesel.

Another 5 troopys and a Navara out in the field when the photo was taken.

It's good to get paid to do expeditions for a living in troopys :)

Attachments

• OFFICE 2009.jpg
    OFFICE 2009.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 112

Equipt

Supporting Sponsor Presenting Sponsor of Overland
IMG_0856 (Medium).jpg

A little love from the 2010 Abenture and Allrad show.

Cheers,

Pedro

Capitan rally fluffer
between the updated exterior and the new interior, it is near as nice as my Lexus!

wow.

I took this picture while driving through Yellowstone last May. Maybe a member here?

IMG_1688.jpg

I was all excited while taking pictures of the LC while everybody else were excited and taking pictures of the buffalo that were walking around the other side of the van. They thought I was weird for taking pictures of the LC instead of the buffalo. :D

I think the 7x would sell the best as a contractor vehicle. Toyota has no work van, and I believe they have just come out with a stripped down "work" version of the Tundra. I can see many contractors out buying a troopy to haul around equipment.

I agree with some here who say that the number of general public willing to buy a 7x may be low, but I also think there is a market amongst the plumber/electrician/carpenter/etc crowd. These are the people who want something reliable and robust for their everyday job. This is where Toyota can make their money with the 7x Land Cruiser.

I also think Toyota should bring over the HiAce.

Just my $.02. :D

I'm new here first post. But I wanted to chime in on this because I also love the 70 series. I think for what it's worth that if toyota brought these in and marketed for the working man and not the soccer mom they would find a very large market. I belong to other forums and one of the big grips is the high cost and crap being stuffed down our throats. Now alot of companies do buy every couple few years. Toughness and reliability is what is wanted. Thats exactlly what these and other overseas moldels are. To much of whats being made for the u.s market is made for people that don't own to use for what it truelly is. I believe there is potentail for huge profits if marketed correctly.
Lets be honest if I want a heavy duty truck I am not walking into the toyota dealer I am either going to ford or dodge (but only dode for the cummins). I an many like me like a truck with diesel for the power. Also go look at the nearest commercail truck lot I will use ford as an example because that what I like and am familar with you will find alot of xl trim trucks. Why because guys are looking for utility (first and formost) not all the bling. Not to say bling isn't nice I generally like the xlt. Sorry for the rant. I just really like and wish toyota would wake up and do us right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz