Footwell water tank - anyone using one?

AmyH

I'm interested in this footwell water tank by Frontrunner. Is anyone using one? What do you think?

https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.c...-mounts/front-runner-footwell-water-tank.html
eac3c7493e3f781e78a8407001882605.jpg

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

s.e.charles

(not a user)

in the picture, is there a pickup & pump to get the water over the transmission hump or is that simply a "carry" tank?

I got "an invalid link" when I clicked

krick3tt

Adventurer
If you go to the FR site you will see additional pics of this tank. There are two outlets, one each side (not visible in this shot) to attach a hose (sold separately) to drain the water for use. I cannot use it as it will not allow the rear seats in my LR to lower when it is in the vehicle. Otherwise I would have one as it keeps the weight of water low. So it is not just a 'carry' tank.

Last edited:
Just curious anyone else getting an invalid link message by clicking the posted link?
I was trying to save a few clicks by using the posted links. I ended up going directly to Front Runner site from my bookmarks.

AmyH

Sorry, Not sure why link doesn't work. Here's another pic from Frontrunner. And a pic from blog Travels with Rocky the Dog. There are spigots at the bottom on each end.

My concerns are...
1. Filling the tank while on the road.
2. Being able to get all the water out
3. How much the hoses get in the way, tangled, etc

dcbb59358d2f45abb1196ddd534fd765.jpg
402c4d429f0f71197a74780d170fcbeb.jpg

s.e.charles

i'm just not feeling it. I understand heavy goes low, but would think a bed solution might work better. just looking at the hose to tank connection makes my toes a little damp . .

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 9101

I would think thst hearing water sloshing while driving would get annoying after a while.

takesiteasy

Adventurer
Since you posted a pic from our blog, I thought I would report our experience. We use the tank on longer trips and like it. Keeps the weight low as you say. We have not noticed any water sloshing sound- it is under a platform in our back seat area so that might muffle the sound if there is any. You do have to draw the water from both sides to empty the tank but that hasn't been a problem. You also have to open the top filler cap to let air in- easy when drawing water from that side- an extra step when getting it from the other side. We carry a hose to refill and have also used gallon jugs (with a cut off jug as a funnel) when refilling from a hand pump.

AmyH

Since you posted a pic from our blog, I thought I would report our experience. We use the tank on longer trips and like it. Keeps the weight low as you say. We have not noticed any water sloshing sound- it is under a platform in our back seat area so that might muffle the sound if there is any. You do have to draw the water from both sides to empty the tank but that hasn't been a problem. You also have to open the top filler cap to let air in- easy when drawing water from that side- an extra step when getting it from the other side. We carry a hose to refill and have also used gallon jugs (with a cut off jug as a funnel) when refilling from a hand pump.
Thank you for sharing your experience!

krick3tt

Adventurer
I carry two water bricks, one on each side behind the front seats, 3.5 gal each and although they do have a bit of air in them and do slosh I really don't hear it what with all the other sounds in/around the vehicle while traveling. At least not on highway, sometimes on very rough roads but at that time my mind is not on hearing sloshing but on avoiding the trail hazards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz