Food Container for cooking?

ADVNOMAD

My wife and I frequently will head off on N. Idaho Forest roads exploring and for a sunset dinner on the Coleman stove. Cast Iron Skillet cooking has become my specialty. I'm looking for a way to carry beans, sealed, then heated in the same container and resealed for travel home. Obviously metal with a spill proof lid. Any ideas.

ChadHahn

Adventurer
Be careful with Bento boxes. ATK did a review of lunch boxes and the metal ones they tested didn't fare that well.

ADVNOMAD

Maybe just open the can and place on stove- discard any leftovers and no clean up, they’re only beans.

geojag

On another thread, someone mentioned soaking beans in a pressure cooker. The seal isn't 100%, but with a little syran wrap over the vents it could be. GSI has a 3qt anodized pressure cooker I am thinking about.

geojag

The mention of Bento boxes reminded me of Zebra pots. They are more of a lunch pail but commonly used to cook in. They come with plastic clips to hold the lid, but wire clips are available as well.

KenC

OutThere
If beans were precooked then stored/carried in Thermos style container, would that work?

-
KenC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles