FM82 Offroad Teardrop Build

silvrzuki77

explorer
I never finished the t trim lol. Its on the to do list! I sealed it pretty well and survived the hose test soo I could start using it.

Oh lol. Well, at these trim prices I may be sitting in the same position as you. We shall see

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Yeah it looks great on the site until you add that in. Wish I could get it local, save shipping cost and get longer pieces

Finally came across a decently priced toolbox that was designed the way I wanted. I don't like the bend in the front, so I'll probably weld that in.

Did run into one minor design flaw. Going to have to relocate the jack mount just a little.

Expanded metal to go on either side. Once I get some that is. They wanted $27.00+ tax for a 12x24 sheet locally. Way to pricey.

Last edited:
Haha. Thanks. I sure hope not. I'm crossing my fingers, and hoping I keep it under 1,200 so I don't have to apply for a title and vin number. I'm still thinking it will be lighter than my original wood design though. I had it weighed before the wall framing and it was 400lbs. Just guessing...I'd say it's probably 500lbs at the most now. The metal framing isn't near as heavy as you would imagine. The cabinets and A/C unit will be the heaviest things going in next. Keeping my fingers crossed.

dcollier32

Adventurer
Haha. Thanks. I sure hope not. I'm crossing my fingers, and hoping I keep it under 1,200 so I don't have to apply for a title and vin number. I'm still thinking it will be lighter than my original wood design though. I had it weighed before the wall framing and it was 400lbs. Just guessing...I'd say it's probably 500lbs at the most now. The metal framing isn't near as heavy as you would imagine. The cabinets and A/C unit will be the heaviest things going in next. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Man you ain't kidding about how heavy wood framing is, mine is starting to get heavier than I anticipated...
Check mine out here:
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/123384-Utility-trailer-(removeable-camper-mod)

Last edited:
None taken. Looks are deceiving with these pictures for sure. Just out of curiosity..how much do you think it will weigh? I'm going with 980lbs. I'll post a pic of the final weight when I'm done.

silvrzuki77

explorer
Think its going to be in the 1500# + range at least. Tubing gets heavy. I havent weighed mine but that what Im thinking im close to 1200#. Looks sweet though!

1,500+? Noo man, don't say that. Gotta keep it under 1,200. Making me want to go weigh it again to see where I'm at so far. If you are right though, then that would mean that I will have 1,100lbs in the cabin alone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles