FM-62DZ Whynter Vs SnoMaster EX67D

nmdave7

Is the Snomaster really worth $600 more? 5 year warranty vs 1 year. Let’s hear the opinions. Ready, set, GO!

nmdave7

Does ARB make a dual zone classic series? I didn’t see one on the website

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zelseman

Observer
We have used a Whynter the same size and not dual zone and it has served us well for 2 years of full time everyday use with no complaints.

Laps

Looking at the Amazon site, the Whytner gets 11% one star reviews, not very inspiring.

john61ct

Adventurer
No, Snomaster is grossly overrated and not energy efficient.

Engel is really the one.

ARB or National Luna.

Actually Indel-B is OK, makes Evakool, Truckfridge, Isotherm, Vitrifrigo, Tundra, OEM for Peterbilt & Kenworth

Ironman 4x4 has great service.

After that might as well go Dometic / Waeco

hour

Observer
I have a Whynter 62dz. First one failed after first season, I had removed it from the car and a month later plugged it in to the wall. Ran and made inspiring noises but never cooled. Tried on 12vDC and it just sucked 3.5 amps infinitely, never achieving cooling. Not sure why. I got another one last spring and it's been unplugged for 3 months so I'm not sure what to expect when I go to use it again. I did find the zone set temps to be OK though as in.. ice cream stayed frozen, stuff in other compartment did not freeze. I'd be happier with a smaller fridge though and one that opens from the front like ARBs.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
Is the Snomaster really worth $600 more? 5 year warranty vs 1 year. Let’s hear the opinions. Ready, set, GO!

No, As pointed out already, Engel or ARB are the way to go,

I am just finishing a 3 way Fridge Shootout and you won't believe the power that the Snomaster Chews up, I have been testing them for about 3 or 4 weeks and I am trying to find the person I hate most so I can Give them this Snomaster as any early Christmas Present LOL :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

john61ct

Adventurer
IMO 3-way are an entirely different product category from DC compressor fridges, individual models not to be compared as if apples to apples.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke