flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
Willman said:
Wil,

Did you get it worked out?

Let me know if i can help.

:jumping:

Yes, I got it all worked out... Can you say Deaver 10 Pack? :wings:

It's a long story to come... I'll post up more on this later tonight after I upload some pictures...

flyingwil

Pics as promised...

Ok well the rear was outfitted with a Deaver's... and the front was treated to some new Coil-Overs. You know you might be a redneck when your pregnant wife comes out to help you wrench... and learn how the truck works... That's just one hell of a wife! :wings:

IMG_1938.JPG

IMG_1941.JPG

IMG_1944.JPG

imagodave

Adventurer
flyingwil said:
Ok well the rear was outfitted with a Deaver's... and the front was treated to some new Coil-Overs. You know you might be a redneck when your pregnant wife comes out to help you wrench... and learn how the truck works... That's just one hell of a wife! :wings:

IMG_1938.JPG

IMG_1941.JPG

IMG_1944.JPG

One hell of a woman, not only can she ship out orders, she wrenches too!:Mechanic:

flyingwil

Shackle damage...

With the All Pro leafs on for only a few days it caused some damage to my shackles and hangers...

Here you can see the passenger side shackle got damaged from the springs:

IMG_1914.JPG

With the shackle as flat as it was it extended straight towards the aft of the vehicle, causing it to hit the frame and dimple where it hit.

Here is the inside of the shackle:

IMG_1915.JPG

Here is where it hit:
IMG_1920.JPG

In exchange for the springs I am going to go for new shackles and shocks to go with the Deavers... I'll keep you posted with the details once I get there.

flyingwil

mountainpete said:

the odd part was that the All Pro srings once removed measured 53' inches eye to eye too... it just wasn't right for the truck.:oops:

mountainpete

Spamicus Eliminatus
flyingwil said:
the odd part was that the All Pro srings once removed measured 53' inches eye to eye too... it just wasn't right for the truck.:oops:

Proves that the centre pin was wrong. Your rear axle was far from the correct location. In the end, you'll be happy with the Deavers.

Willman

mountainpete said:
Proves that the centre pin was wrong. Your rear axle was far from the correct location. In the end, you'll be happy with the Deavers.

Ditto on this one rubber ducky!!!

Wil,
sorry to hear about your bad luck lately!!!! Hope the damage was not to bad...(pictures for me didn't show)...

Deavers are the greatest thing next to sliced bread.......

I'm a little lost on your coilover install....sooo what did you buy for coilovers???? Your leaving us hanging here!!!!!

Your wife rocks!!!!! Glad to see shes not afraid of getting down and dirty:hehe:...J/K

If it doesn't have any thing to do with shopping or the little one....I'm SOL when it comes to my wife helping out on the rig!

Another thing...when the best time to phone you?..(sunday?)

:)

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Suspension sorted

Great to hear that you got everything sorted out. The damage does not look too bad. With new shackles you should be on your way. By the way, what rear shocks did you choose? We need some before after pics!
Cheers :beer:,
P

flyingwil

p1michaud said:
Great to hear that you got everything sorted out. The damage does not look too bad. With new shackles you should be on your way. By the way, what rear shocks did you choose? We need some before after pics!
Cheers :beer:,
P

I am going to go step by step on this one... I am going to be off the trails for a while as FlyingBaby should be arriving soon!:wings: The All Pro shackles will change the geometry of the articulation since they are 1.5" longer than stock and should provides about 3/4" of lift over the stock shackle. So I am going to get those installed before I pick a shock so that I can select the correct ones I need. I am leaning towards Walker-Evans Racing 500 Series Shocks, but am not 100% sure on which ones to go with until I can get some measurements of ride height, compressed and extended distances. I'll keep you all posted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles