Flyingwil's Taco is growing up!

Tacomaoffroader

AWSOME! Lookin' good Wil.

I'd love to get a roof top tent; but just added a tonneau cover and would have to put it on the roof, I really don't see a way of doing that unless I put an exo-cage onto my truck and putting the tent on top of that.

erin

Explorer
:xxrotflma :xxrotflma

Wil, I'm sure the welds are perfect, just like to give GT a hard time.

It looks like the side spacing would be great for a high lift mount and maybe shovel/axe combo.

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Speaking of reinforcements...

flyingwil said:
nope, no reinforcement... and no more pictures, but I'll take some.

Will very nice work with the mounting solution. Looks sharp. :bowdown:

Speaking of reinforcements, do you have any plans in the near future to add some Demello frame reinforcements? You are starting to add some weight to your Tacoma and it's cheap insurance.

Cheers :beer:,
P

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
p1michaud said:
Will very nice work with the mounting solution. Looks sharp. :bowdown:

Speaking of reinforcements, do you have any plans in the near future to add some Demello frame reinforcements? You are starting to add some weight to your Tacoma and it's cheap insurance.

P

Yeah, I am thinking to hold off on that until I get my drawer system in, once that is in it will become a must! (plus I have 10K left on the warranty). AT this point I do not think it is too much weigh over the weight of say a topper, but once the drawers are in it'll push it over.

flyingwil

Safari Snokel

Christmas came early since I have to work over the Holiday.

Guess what this gift my lovely bride got me?
IMG_1370.JPG

Yup! Sweet!

IMG_1377.JPG

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
flyingwil said:

IMG_1370.JPG

Yup! Sweet!

IMG_1377.JPG

NICE!!!

Ha! She had you fooled with the old "nothing for the truck for Christmas" routine and you took it hook, line, and sinker!

She's a keeper!

Last edited:

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Snorkel

flyingwil said:

I like it! :wings:
Perhaps santa will be as nice to me, ha.

P

datrupr

Expedition Leader
I think she bought the whole "it is for safety" bit we were going on about at gunsight, don't ya think?:p Congrats Wil, and it looks good. And I agree witht the rest of the guys, she is a keeper. I think Super Cool Chick is getting a bit of competition here.

flyingwil

TACODOC said:
NICE!!!

Ha! She had you fooled with the old "nothing for the truck for Christmas" routine and you took it hook, line, and sinker!

She's a keeper!

Yeah, she had me very nervous, with the whole set up leading to the gift. By all means a keeper in my book.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles